Sign in to follow this  
acrh2

Mouse acceleration/skipping problem.

I have a mouse problem. It's not the mouse lag that others have posted about.

The problem is with the acceleration (or lack thereof actually).

One may call it negative acceleration or skipping.

Here are the symptoms:

when I move my mouse to the right slowly 5 inches, the screen may turn 180 degrees. However, when I move my mouse to the right fast 5 inches, the sceen may turn only 20 degrees. It's as if fast mouse input is skipped.

The mouse is Logitech G5, so the mouse itself doesn't skip.

Any ideas?

Edited by acrh2

They say lowering the DPI of your mouse and sensitivity in the game might work.

I would say definitely increase the polling rate if you can.

I also had a problem with my Microsoft/Razer Habu mouse and stuttering/etch-a-sketch/jaggered/pixelated mouse movement. I fond INCREASING the DPI and DECREASING the sensitivity helped.

But my problem was due to precision. Yours sounds due to mouse lag i.e. mouse signal to computer = polling rate.

I have a mouse problem. It's not the mouse lag that others have posted about.

The problem is with the acceleration (or lack thereof actually).

One may call it negative acceleration or skipping.

Here are the symptoms:

when I move my mouse to the right slowly 5 inches, the screen may turn 180 degrees. However, when I move my mouse to the right fast 5 inches, the sceen may turn only 20 degrees. It's as if fast mouse input is skipped.

The mouse is Logitech G5, so the mouse itself doesn't skip.

Also, there seems to be a glitch in the game, which seems to be related to this issue. Occasionally, after completing an Armory challenge and quickly pressing escape, I can get into the pause menu with a very sluggish mouse cursor movement. This cursor movement (in the pause menu) very closely resembles the skipping problem I described above.

Any ideas?

Dude I have the same EXACT problem. It with 2 seperate mouse's, to the right it goes 720 to the left it goes barley 180. This just started, and I have No idea what to do.

The polling rate in 500Hz. Vsync forced off in nvidia control panel.

Needless to say, this mouse works just fine in other games.

It's the game engine problem, I'm thinking.

---------- Post added at 04:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 AM ----------

Here's two videos that demonstrate the problem.

The mouse is moved to the left slowly, then moved back by the same amount but quickly.

This is what happens in Quake3:

Nice consistetent movement.

Now the same hand movement in ArmA 2:

Severe skipping issues.

Also test setting "Enhanced Mouse Pointer" to OFF in windows control panel - mouse. i wrote that before so you might been down that road.

But to be honest - moving mouse fast will make you move less. If you moved fast and weapon followed to the point this would be BF2 and not ARMA2.

Alex

Also test setting "Enhanced Mouse Pointer" to OFF in windows control panel - mouse. i wrote that before so you might been down that road.

But to be honest - moving mouse fast will make you move less. If you moved fast and weapon followed to the point this would be BF2 and not ARMA2.

Alex

I am not using any acceleration ("enhanced mouse pointer"). I also mentioned that the mouse behaved normally in EVERY other game I tried but ArmA 2. I showed how it behaved in q3.

This is certainly ingame "problem", however its not a bug but a feature. You see a soldier ingame has a limit of turning speed (kinda real if you ask me as you cant make a 360 is split second in real life while keeping precision aim), so that is why when you do it slowly it works fine, but when u do it fast, you get limited by the maximal ingame turning speed. This value should be actually coded somwhere in game config i believe, so you should be able to make a mod incerasing the maximal turning speed. (i wont be using it tho)