Sign in to follow this  
Nabla

some major arma 2 issues

Hi, just bought Arma 2 in UK last week a day after the release date. If it wasn't for all the bugs, this is easily the best game I've ever played.

I am having issues with some bugs in the campaign though which I consider to be major, since they prevent you from completing missions and progressing in the game.

At the moment I've only got as far as 'operation manhattan,' where you have a list of different missions:

Chedakki base:

I discovered the base, and positioned my team in the woods, the radio call came over that I could request support. I then saved the game, and ordered the support to provide covering fire, and also ordered a mortar strike. My whole team died before they had chance to arrive, but when I loaded the game again, I could no longer request any kind of support, and was therefore impossible to complete the mission alone. (This meant I had to restart the whole operation again, losing all my other mission progress).

Arrest langushina:

I arrested her, and drove her to the drop zone. About a km before we arrived at the drop zone in the cars, I saved the game. When we arrive at the drop zone in the middle of the field, the radio call to battlemage is made, and I order everyone out.

Sometimes when the chopper comes, it gets blown up before having chance to land.

Sometimes I disembark, and nothing happens - I recieve no response on the radio, and the chopper doesn't come at all.

Sometimes the chopper actually makes it there, the pilots say something like "I believe you have a package for us razor?..." Then both pilots get out, and nothing happens. languishina stands still, and does not board the chopper, the pilots go prone with the rest of my team and join in fighting off the ambush, and neither myself, or any of my team when ordered will board the chopper.

I tried waiting till all the enemy was fought off - still nothing.

I tried opening the chopper cargo hold doors - still nothing.

All in all I've redone it from that same save point about 20 times, and there is always some major bug or other.

General problems:

Regularly I order my team to regroup/fall back into formation and they don't do it. This is especially noticeable after I've switched to another unit, and then switched back. Usually they will all say "roger", and then just stand there instead of following me. Sometimes one of the units will randomnly start running off in a random direction at this point, even though I have given no move or engage command. The only way to control them at this point is to keep giving move commands as you run to make them follow you.

Support always randomly vanishes from my communication menu. We are supposed to have chopper (UH-Y1 or something) support to transport us. This often vanishes from my menu and never returns, unless I restart the whole operation. Mortar support also vanishes (But I'm not sure if this is only meant to be within a certain radius of 'FOB Manhattan'? I don't think it is). Also, sometimes when I call the chopper, and point to the ground in front of me, he makes the radio call, and they say "On the way", but they never arrive. Even if I fast forward time. Sometimes after requesting it about 20 tyimes they actually arrive.

I noticed many people here have reported graphics bugs and glitches, which for the most part I could certainly live with, but these problems are so significant, they prevent you from playing the game at all.

I want to know how this can be acceptable to release a game in such bad condition? This is the kind of performance I'd expect from a beta version.

I always have the option to just get a refund, but unfortunately I enjoy the game too much, and would like to know if anyone else has had these problems, and if there is anyway to fix them?

Is there a patch to be released or anything?

Thanks

At the moment I've only got as far as 'operation manhattan,' where you have a list of different missions:

I could no longer request any kind of support, and was therefore impossible to complete the mission alone. (This meant I had to restart the whole operation again, losing all my other mission progress).

Arrest langushina

I want to know how this can be acceptable to release a game in such bad condition? This is the kind of performance I'd expect from a beta version.

I always have the option to just get a refund, but unfortunately I enjoy the game too much, and would like to know if anyone else has had these problems, and if there is anyway to fix them?

Thanks

100% same problems...I hate that bugs, but I love that game

That´s what many of us are asking here repeatidly. We are all sure a patch is coming out but nobody seems to know when. Personally, I check the "Support" bar on the web twenty times a day..:o)

Could someone from BIS make a statement here or in the "News" sections? At least approximatelly (e.g. "A new patch will be out within a week"...)

Thanks guys!

people have been asking for an update statement for some time, nothing from the devs at all. BI suck at aftermarket customer service.

First of all NO they dont. They will release patches a year from now if its needed.

Second, the the moderators and devs have said repeatedly that a patch will be released when its finished. Admititedly theres alot to fix.

And third, why start a new thread? why not just add to one of the others? This is just another thread that the community has to wade through to read relevant information.