Sign in to follow this  
chlywly

Arma2 reboots my pc with GTX295

Well I can't figure this out, I just got the card and I'm trying to figure out whether it's my drivers whether I need a clean Vista64 install (would hate to do that again), whether its my PSU or what it is.

Basically all was fine, when I ad my 8800GTS 512 with this RIG, until I got the BFG GTX295, I'm using the 182.5 Vista64 drivers as they seem to be the only ones that detect and run my arma-2 textures and 8gigs of ram + GPU ram correctly...

Thing is, when I am in game, if I vigorously move my mouse around (looking around everywhere) my computer will freeze up, with sound still playing and reboot... It's driving me insane.

Q9950 - OC'd @ 3.6 (going to try stock speeds now)

8 Gigs of Ram 1066mhz DDR2

Rampage Formula

Vista 64

Steam Arma

182.5 drivers Nvidia (GTX295)

Antec True power 850 PSU (more than enough, with 8pin pci-e connectors)

This is really annoying me.... :( :(

---------- Post added at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 11:26 PM ----------

Alright, updated BIOS and tried stock speed... I was delighted and thought finally it wasn't crashing (no matter how fast I was moving about and around).. Then about 5-10m into the game, BOOM reboots my computer... Eghrrrrmmm.

Last thing I'm going to try and do is take out some of my HDD"s to see if my (5) sata drives might be juicing the 850watt power supply a little much!? although unlikely.

Maybe it's a bad card? I just got it this weekend and maybe need an RMA...

Is your overclock stable? The game can really push your processor so if you overclocked too far, then that can cause a crash.

Also, you might want to use driver cleaner to get rid of your old drivers and then reinstall new drivers for the new card. Also I doubt it has anything to do with your power or your new card. It's most likely drivers, your overclock, or a temperature problem. Have you monitored the temperature of your CPU when it is under load?

My overclock is stable, anyway I just pushed up my northbridge voltage slightly and tried arma 2 again, this time played for a good 30-45m without reboot which was surprising. More testing required...

However I also checked off the "load balancing graph" in nhancer, and I"m not sure if that might have changed something.

I didn't see any sort of graph in game though, how do I know whether it's using SLI or not?? :)

Smells like a PSU issue man. I had that before running an SLI setup with a 500W and got the mid game reboots. I stepped up to a 700W and they went away. Maybe try a different rail? Maybe the PSU is poor quality or defective?

Just shooting at the less obvious issues.

Smells like a PSU issue man. I had that before running an SLI setup with a 500W and got the mid game reboots. I stepped up to a 700W and they went away. Maybe try a different rail? Maybe the PSU is poor quality or defective?

Just shooting at the less obvious issues.

Yeah I'm considering that I just don't want to spend another 300 bucks neadlesly, I have an Antec 850watt, should be good. I could try the 2 other rails , that's not a half bad a idea really..

Do you know how to enable load balancing graph? when I do I can't seem to see anything in game

Hi buddy,you may run the CRYSIS and 3Dmark Vantage to check if your PC can be stable.

How did you test stability for your cpu overclock? I recommend using Prime95 and running that at least for a few hours if not overnight to test stability. Like was said, Arma 2 stresses all 4 cores of a quad pretty nicely, so ur 'stable' oc may have just not received the proper due dilligence in terms of testing.

I did prime95, p.s: I finally got SLI to work I turned on the load bearing graph and all is good, and my computer hasnt been rebooting after I upped my north bridge vcore... but we'll see.

Problem now is NOTHING I do seems to turn off the load bearing graph, even if I click to have it off in Nhancer haaaaa