Sign in to follow this  
silver111

Mouse Lag

Yes I have these kind of Mouse Lag and the following configuration...  

196 members have voted

1. 1. Yes I have these kind of Mouse Lag and the following configuration...

• AMD Athlon 64 X2 + Nvidia Graphics Card
    • AMD Athlon 64 X2 + Ati Graphics Card
    • AMD Phenom I / II + Nvidia Graphics Card
    • AMD Phenom I / II + Ati Graphics Card
    • Intel Core 2 Duo + Nvidia Graphics Card
    • Intel Core 2 Duo + Ati Graphics Card
    • Intel Core i7 + Nvidia Graphics Card
    • Intel Core i7 + Ati Graphics Card
    • No Mouse Lag on mouse with dedicated signal processing chip
    • No Mouse Lag on mouse w/o dedicated signal processing chip

Placebo says here http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=83704 that they are looking into the mouse lag issue.

This is good news. Pity they are having trouble reproducing it. I can reproduce it worse than in the video. Maybe BIS runs their own game at super low resolutions. I find higher res = more lag even if fps counter doesn't change much.

mouselag or stuttering. choose !

for one , it's chosen ...

---------- Post added at 08:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 AM ----------

Placebo says here http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=83704 that they are looking into the mouse lag issue.

This is good news. Pity they are having trouble reproducing it. I can reproduce it worse than in the video. Maybe BIS runs their own game at super low resolutions. I find higher res = more lag even if fps counter doesn't change much.

lol , i personally think BI must learn to priorize task. as now , the worst bug is crash to desktop . :rolleyes:.

I have just a lag mouse when I open the menu in game to do something and not all the time. And I know that I have this problem when I push Esc when my player is doing something (driving, or dying...) but if I stop my player and do nothing, push esc I have not the problem. It's often when the game is doing something...:/

mouselag or stuttering. choose !

for one , it's chosen ...

---------- Post added at 08:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 AM ----------

lol , i personally think BI must learn to priorize task. as now , the worst bug is crash to desktop . :rolleyes:.

I haven't had CTD ever with ARMA 2. BIS has their prioritizes right, if you have CTD bug, you can at least play the game for a while, but with mouselag you can't play the game. At all. So therefore mouselag is far more gamebreaking than CTD bug which is in 90% of cases because of NVIDIA DRIVERS.

could you please add an option to your poll, an option for NO mouse lag ?

No mouse lag on any system here using razor diamondback mice. nor any mouse lag using microsoft sidewinder mouse.

Edited by your_mum
spelling

could you please add an option to your poll, an option for NO mouse lag ?

No mouse lag on any system here using razor diamondback mice. nor any mouse lag using microsoft sidewinder mouse.

done added 2 specific poll options which were missing

Does BIS even know that upping Visibility removes mouselag in many cases?

you mean increasing to more visible distance??

Yes, increasing Visibility to around 7800-10000 removes mouselag completely for many. (Unless ofcourse FPS drops to diashow levels)

What the hell are people smoking in this thread?

Mouselag is a 'bug' in Arma2? Don't be so preposterous, it's not a 'bug' it's a byproduct of performance.

On a mid-range PC fire Crysis Warhead up, stick all the in-game settings on the highest they will go, get a sniper rifile, zoom in and then tell me that mouse-lag is a 'bug'.

It's 100%, no-doubt-about-it related to your in-game settings VS your PC spec. That's it! Nothing more nothing less.

Now, if BIS patch in some performance fixes for Arma2, you may see your 'lag' reduced but only as a byproduct of the performance fixes. Not because they devs have magically put a specific 'mouse-lag bug fix' in there.

Mouselag is a 'bug' in Arma2? Don't be so preposterous, it's not a 'bug' it's a byproduct of performance.

On a mid-range PC fire Crysis Warhead up, stick all the in-game settings on the highest they will go, get a sniper rifile, zoom in and then tell me that mouse-lag is a 'bug'.

It's 100%, no-doubt-about-it related to your in-game settings VS your PC spec. That's it! Nothing more nothing less.

Now, if BIS patch in some performance fixes for Arma2, you may see your 'lag' reduced but only as a byproduct of the performance fixes. Not because they devs have magically put a specific 'mouse-lag bug fix' in there.

:banghead:

It IS a bug, BIS have confirmed it themselves.

BIS said they are looking into it but they could NOT reproduce...

So no - they didnt say there is lag.

Please, before anyone posts repetitive information in this thread read the news forum

BIS said they are looking into it but they could NOT reproduce...

So no - they didnt say there is lag.

But they admitted that people do have this problem.

So yes - they did say there is lag.

Its not related to settings. Since settnigs DONT include Vsync options, everything on lowest with MINIMUM draw distance will stll introduce the delayed frames that vsync introduce. And with ATi graphics cards, you cannot turn vsync off via the control panel you NEED ingame options.

Besides, you blatantly ignore the fact that the mouselag is still there when you have 60 or even 100 fps in arma2. Loading editor in Utes and looking at the sky, turning left and right there is still lag. And no, i dont need a seconds worth of lag to notice it, sure it might be less lag than when you have 10fps in a town with bots - but its sitll there.

But they admitted that people do have this problem.

So yes - they did say there is lag.

They believe what you people are posting but they do not have it themselves and cannot purposely reproduce it. That is what they said, nothing more, nothing less.

And what is a dedicated signal processing chip?

Danny;1407695']Its not related to settings. Since settnigs DONT include Vsync options' date=' everything on lowest with MINIMUM draw distance will stll introduce the delayed frames that vsync introduce. And with ATi graphics cards, you cannot turn vsync off via the control panel you NEED ingame options.

Besides, you blatantly ignore the fact that the mouselag is still there when you have 60 or even 100 fps in arma2. Loading editor in Utes and looking at the sky, turning left and right there is still lag. And no, i dont need a seconds worth of lag to notice it, sure it might be less lag than when you have 10fps in a town with bots - [b']but its sitll there.[/b]

V-Sync being ON implicitly reduces performance, therefore will implicitly affect 'mouse-lag' in a positive manner. That there's no in-game setting for this and that it then affects ATI owners negatively isn't a bug with 'mouse lag' it's an enhancement request to include V-Sync in game, which will then when switched off improve performance, which will then reduce 'mouse lag' due to improved performance.

And you make no mention whatsoever about what kind of spec PC, running on all minimum settings will achieve. If I dropped all in-game settings to low, I will not encounter 'mouse lag' or any other kind of lag. Hell, I don't even get 'mouse lag' with all the in-game settings apart from Post Processing set to the highest they will go. With V-Sync ON.

Your last comment is the most intriguing because it sounds like what you want is twitch-based aiming. Which Arma2 will never have, due simply to the fact that it's not and does not want to be BF2. Grab an M60 IRL, hold it straight forward. Spot a target to your left. Swing the weapon across to a get a bead. Does the weapon cause drag? Can you immediately get a bead on your target or do your arms, thus weapon react more slowly than your eyes do?

Arma2 is a military simulator. It is not BF2. If this is what people are complaining about, Arma2 is not the game for them.

There's 3 camps of people here.

1) Those who have mouse lag. These people move their mouse then the cursor moves shortly after. Lowering video settings (especially view distance) reduces this (from what I've read) but it doesn't entirely go away. Bis is looking into this issue.

2) Those who have a mouse smoothing/acceleration effect. These people move thier mouse and the cursor moves when they move their mouse but it go's further than they wanted it. This is usually affected by low fps and is, in most cases, caused by V-Sync and/or an issue between the mouse DPI and the in game sensitivity. In most cases, raising the mouse DPI in Windows/mouse settings and lowering the sensitivity in game (to about 5-10%) and forcing V-Sync off (if they can) gets rid of the problem.

3) Those who have no mouse lag and no mouse smoothing problems at all, those lucky B-stards.

PS: I sit in catagory 3 :)

Improving performance has nothing to do with it, as explained. Vsync introduces delays despite what fps/performance/system you have under the hood. Even if you have 10fps WITHOUT vsync, you will still have MUCH MUCH LESS delay than with 100FPS and VSYNC ON.

Also my system doesnt matter. This performance-review are using quadcores overclocked to 3.6GHZ with the greatest and latest graphicscards (GTX285, GTX295, 4890, 4870X2 etc). And they specifically state:

"The biggest problem with performance in ARMA II is input lag and jittery mouse movement."

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2009/08/10/arma_ii_gameplay_performance_image_quality/5

As for your last comment, ArmA2 already has a max movement speed. I cannot spin around in circles as fast as in "twitch shooters". In those games, i can spin around as fast as i want. But you will notice that in ArmA2, when you try to do this - there will be a limit on the speed, and no matter how fast you move your mouse, the game screen will move at its "maximum" wich is slow and realistic - as you and everyone here want.

We are talking about delays in input, not game design. And it doesnt matter if it is a bug, a feature or an issue. Its there and it needs to be fixed.

I play with V-Sync on, I get 25 fps (went down a little with 1.03 but feels smoother) and I get no lag/delay at all. No mouse problems whatsoever, so I must be playing a completely different game.

Danny;1407845']Improving performance has nothing to do with it' date=' as explained. Vsync introduces delays despite what fps/performance/system you have under the hood. Even if you have 10fps WITHOUT vsync, you will still have MUCH MUCH LESS delay than with 100FPS and VSYNC ON.

Also my system doesnt matter. This performance-review are using quadcores overclocked to 3.6GHZ with the greatest and latest graphicscards (GTX285, GTX295, 4890, 4870X2 etc). And they specifically state:

"The biggest problem with performance in ARMA II is input lag and jittery mouse movement."

[url']http://www.hardocp.com/article/2009/08/10/arma_ii_gameplay_performance_image_quality/5[/url]

As for your last comment, ArmA2 already has a max movement speed. I cannot spin around in circles as fast as in "twitch shooters". In those games, i can spin around as fast as i want. But you will notice that in ArmA2, when you try to do this - there will be a limit on the speed, and no matter how fast you move your mouse, the game screen will move at its "maximum" wich is slow and realistic - as you and everyone here want.

We are talking about delays in input, not game design. And it doesnt matter if it is a bug, a feature or an issue. Its there and it needs to be fixed.

Then explain one simple thing to me.

Why do I not encounter 'mouse-lag' with almost all in-game settings to the highest@1920x1200 with V-Sync locked ON?

And dammit, I just tried to lick my own elbows!!

:D :D

Because some people are slow (not trying to be funny here) in reaction times and do not notice any delay or diffrence. For others its a world of diffrence. For example, do you play with a mouse with 8ms (125hz) delay?

Many gamers (incl me) use mice with 1000hz polling rate (1ms delay, wich is the best USB can do). And for such gamers, there is a clear diffrence between 1ms and 8ms (~7ms diffrence). Now, when you understand that Vsync delays input by around 32ms, you know that for us that IS an issue.

Age also affects this. How old are you, if i may ask?

Danny;1407864']:D :D

Because some people are slow (not trying to be funny here) in reaction times and do not notice any delay or diffrence. For others its a world of diffrence. For example' date=' do you play with a mouse with 8ms (125hz) delay?

Many gamers (incl me) use mice with 1000hz polling rate (1ms delay, wich is the best USB can do). And for such gamers, there is a clear diffrence between 1ms and 8ms (~7ms diffrence). Now, when you understand that Vsync delays input by around 32ms, you know that for us that IS an issue.

Age also affects this. How old are you, if i may ask?[/quote']

Seriously....