Sign in to follow this  
Scampi

Download/Mod recommendations

Hi All,

I just ordered this game and it should be delivered tomorrow. I was just having a read of the board and everyone says that this game is all about the mods, etc so I was wondering if you guys could give me a run down of some of the stuff I should look to download when this arrives (after the most recent official patch of course). I'm new to the series so any help would be very much appreciated as I understand there is a bit of a steep learning curve.

Thanks in advance,

Scampi

I don't think there is much out yet - however what these members mean (and correct me if I am wrong) that this game will be all about Mods - I mean since the game is pretty much build around a busy mod community (see OFP the original) they have of course created ARMA2 with this in mind.

All I want is an US - Afghanistan - and Iraq mod :D

Just keep an eye in the mod section here, but maybe even easier place to scan for mods/addons is www.armaholic.com ARMA2 news section.

Most if not all addons coming out are being reported there. If you check that site everyday you wont miss much. And when i say everyday i mean that. This community as said above is very busy so addons and missions will be released in a steady stream as soon as it "kicks" in a bit more. Already there is a bunch of addons and missions.

If you check the link i provided and backtrack the pages youll see what is out up to now and you also see links to this forum etc where you can see what people say about the addons/missions.

Alex

Excellent, thanks guys for the info. I'll keep an eye on the site mentioned and grab any recommended mods.

Thanks again.

Scampi

when the new set of tools arrive my guess is that the modding will absolutely explode in a way not seen before.

i think it will be really hard to find the small gold nuggets in the heap of gravel thrown at us...

but a few mod i´m looking forward too is:

FDF (Finnish Defence Forces Mod), will likely been "out of this world" quality just like in OFP and ArmA.

CSLA mod: pretty much same as above but chech stuff..

also i hope that UKM makes more stuff for ArmA2 then they did for ArmA 1..

and ofcourse, not to forget DKM mod.. always fun with german stuff ;)

sounds like an addon request thread, so here's to the one word you expect:

REPORT!

sounds like an addon request thread, so here's to the one word you expect:

REPORT!

Are you retarded?

It sounds to me like he wanted to discuss addons and mods, which, oddly enough, is the name of this forum.

Abs