Sign in to follow this  
nullsystems

New Hint System shows as "ANY"

Hi,

When using the new hint system and connecting after some objectives are complete, the hint in the center of the screen shows

"Task Accomplished - any "

How can I solve this?

Can you post the code you're using so we can see if we spot any errors?

hints = [objNull, ObjNull, town1, "SUCCEEDED"] execVM "CA\Modules\MP\data\scriptCommands\taskHint.sqf"

Let me guess ... it's happening after you respawned in your mission? The variable town1 isn't filled with content anymore. You can try it by replaying your mission without dying. Then there shouldn't be any "any" anymore lol

Let me guess ... it's happening after you respawned in your mission? The variable town1 isn't filled with content anymore. You can try it by replaying your mission without dying. Then there shouldn't be any "any" anymore lol

lol no, this is MP.

As I said...

If you connect and the objective is already completed it shows as "any" when you have entered the game.

That just means that the town1 task isn't initialized when the trigger (I guess you call taskHint from a trigger) calls the taskHint script.

Either find a way to wait until the tasks are created and then call taskhint or use another system for JIP players.

Xeno

If I place "countdown" and 10 seconds min, mid & max in the triggers which set off the taskhint, would that still wait 10 seconds after a new player has connected...

Thus giving the tasks time to init before trigger declares succeeded etc?