Sign in to follow this  
sander

RCIR - UN Peacekeepers

Nice one Sander!

Looking forward seeing some Dutch troops wondering around in Arma 2 :P

The display of an on screen error message after patching to 1.04 is the reason for the release of another revision:

Updated version compatible with 1.04 Patch at Armaholic

- Added LAV-25 and Hilux

- Added desert camouflage units

- Fixed faction config entry

- Signed the addon

Regards,

Sander

Edited by sander

Thanks a lot Sander.

I have a request though: could you also make more of them available as civilian units?

I would love to make a custom campaign about the UN mission in Bosnia but to do that i need to have NAPA and ChDZK units to fire on eachother.

While the UN is Independent, they would be targeted as well, but i need them to remain as a neutral force.

Having more of them as civilian would fix that problem for me, and would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot Sander.

I have a request though: could you also make more of them available as civilian units?

I would love to make a custom campaign about the UN mission in Bosnia but to do that i need to have NAPA and ChDZK units to fire on eachother.

While the UN is Independent, they would be targeted as well, but i need them to remain as a neutral force.

Having more of them as civilian would fix that problem for me, and would be greatly appreciated.

Doesnt that cause the forces that shoot the CIV UN troops to fire at each other after killing a few UN troops?

You can also set the side in the mission.sqm

I'm not really interested in getting the UN into a fight to be honest.

They were a neutral force and i want that to be reflected.

Basically what i want to make right now aren't combat missions, but humanitarian aid-missions with some emotional touch (as far as you can get an emotional touch in a game).

For example having to stand by watching civilians get executed while your not allowed to do anything about it, recreate the helpless feeling UN soldiers had to endure during their mission in Bosnia.

If you want to know what i would like to go for, watch the movie Warriors by Peter Kosminsky.

It's a BBC miniseries which is so realistic it's like watching a documentary, which i can confirm through comments of several people who have been there, as well as internet-response from other UN-veterans.

The Dutch army actually shows this movie during basic training when you get a class about psychological aid, at least they have shown it to me back then.

That sounds like an interesting idea for a campaign. Warriors is indeed a most impressive movie.

Most units were grouped under Independent for maximum flexibility, as side Civilian is not targeted by default. In a next update I'll nevertheless define a few additional blue helmets on the Civilian side.

Note that armed civilian side units may still engage certain sides depending on the setting for the independent side in the mission. On the default setting they will fire on side OPFOR, when set friendly to OPFOR they will open fire on BLUFOR, when friendly to none they will open fire on both BLUFOR and OPFOR. The solution would be to set the Independent side to friendly to all parties and make the NAPA side west in the mission (group them under a BLUFOR leader with a probability set to 0%) when a firefight is required between the warring parties.

Regards,

Sander