Sign in to follow this  
K4neX

Optics / Ironsights while walking

Just want to know if anyone experienced that much swaying in RL with aimpoint / iron sight while walking.

I do not believe that the weapon will sway as much as what we have in ArmA2 while walking slowly and we human are more than capable of stablizing the sight and minimize the sway during walking.

What do you think?

Just want to know if anyone experienced that much swaying in RL with aimpoint / iron sight while walking.

I do not believe that the weapon will sway as much as what we have in ArmA2 while walking slowly and we human are more than capable of stablizing the sight and minimize the sway during walking.

What do you think?

Yes, humans may be able to keep it more steady than what Arma2 has, but not for an infinite amount of time, and usually speaking at a much slower pace than the "slow" walk of Arma2 characters (which is more of a speed walkers pace).

We do it in the Marine Corps (Table 4 course of fire). Of course it starts from 25m straight at the target, and the pace is extremely slow (closer to the prone speed in Arma2), but most people can hit the chest (6" radius circle) %75 of the time. By the end of it you start swaying pretty bad.

If there was some way to do a super slow walk, I could see a greatly reduced weapon sway. Still all in all everything about weapon handling in the OFP/Arma series is "super soldier" in your ability to acquire your sight picture/alignment and squeeze off that round at ridiculous distances from any firing position. Of course, it is sort of necessary for making the game fun, and a game. ;)

If there was some way to do a super slow walk, I could see a greatly reduced weapon sway.

A2 actually introduces a 'slow' ironsight walk. The speed at which you move in ironsights is determined by whether or not you have the shift key (by default) held down.