Sign in to follow this  
Merad

Specific Location Spawn

In the town of Vybor I want to spawn a truck. I'd like to spawn the truck in one of three spots. (Rather than putting the truck anywhere, I want the truck to appear in one of three specific spots.)

Whats the best way to do this in game for a truck named MS1? Have three trucks (MS1,MS2,MS3) and deactivate them if one spawns?

Ok so lets give this a whirl.

HT=(random 3)

switch (HT) do {case 1: {deleteVehicle [MT1,MT2]}; case 2: {deleteVehicle [MT3,MT2]}; default {deleteVehicle [MT1,MT3]};}

If the truck is editor-placed, then place it at the first position, and place two 'Empty' markers at the other two places, and then group the truck with those markers. The truck will appear at one of the three locations, randomly.

If the truck is editor-placed, then place it at the first position, and place two 'Empty' markers at the other two places, and then group the truck with those markers. The truck will appear at one of the three locations, randomly.

Huh. That's stupidly simple. How do you group them though? When I go to group the markers go away.

Edited by Merad

Just 'remember' where the markers are, and group using F2 (I forget if there's a simpler way). They'll stay grouped, even if the markers aren't showing :)

I'm giving that a go but no joy so far. Lets see if I can be more precise.

[edit yeah, you find them by mousing over. Bit like hidden pictures.]