Sign in to follow this  
Gus

Installation guide for Dedicated Servers?

Hi all. I recently rented a dedicated server for Arma 2 and would like to run the co30 Evolution game play for the server. The server company is no help at all. I have an ftp interface and control panel provided for by the server company.

I tried creating a "mods" folder, a "Domination" folder with addon subfolder, putting the file in the original existing "addon" folder and "mpmissions" folder. I then tried to point to it via the "command line" builder utility provided. It's obvious I don't know what I'm doing.

If one of the pros here could spell it out step by step for the noobs it might make a good sticky. The various postings I've seen assume alot of implied knowledge I do not have.

This is the file I want to run as the server: " co30_Domination_1_00A2T10_West_R.Chernarus.pbo" . I would need to get the server provider to add a command line to the proper Arma 2 exe or Arma 2 server exe if that is needed; I do not have access to alter that with the interface.

Thank you all in advance for your help.

Place it in the "MPMissions" folder on the server.

Then when you log in to play, the mission will be on the list.

If you want to leave the mission running all the time (even when nobody is on the server) edit your server.cfg file....look for the line "persistent=1"

---------- Post added at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

Editing your server.cfg

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/server.cfg

---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 PM ----------

Admin commands (once the server is running a game, you can log in as admin and use these)

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Multiplayer_Server_Commands

Edited by Thirdup

Thank you for your help. I put the file in "mpmissions" as you suggested and it worked. I now have the level as a choice in the create a game menu under the "Chernarus" choice. Wanting to run this level continuously, I followed your advice and I changed the "server.cfg" setting "persistent=0" to "persistent=1", however, the "create game" menu still persists as before.

Here are the server.cfg settings:

/ password to protect admin access

passwordAdmin = "*******";

// password required to connect to server

password = "******";

// Server display name

hostname="********************";

// Number of slots

maxPlayers =24;

// Welcome message, two lines "," means 'new line'

motd[]= {"Powered by artofwarcentral.com",};

// if motd has multiple lines, how fast to show these in succession (default is 5 seconds).

motdInterval=1;

// when one third agrees, this is enough to confirm a vote

voteThreshold=0.33;

// private server - no reporting ("armedass.master.gamespy.com" to report to the master server)

reportingIP="master.gamespy.com";

// start voting for missions when 3 players connect

voteMissionPlayers=1; (tried =O, =24)

//list of files to check for identity

checkfiles[]={"HWTL\dta\data3d.pbo","dta\data3d.pbo"};

// do not allow duplicate id

kickduplicate=1;

// require equal mod

equalModRequired=0;

//Disables voice over net

disableVoN=0;

// Enables or disables the signature verification for addons. Default = 0

verifySignatures=0;

// Enables or disables the persistent battlefield. Default 0.

persistent=1;

// Map rotation

class Missions {};

Any suggestions?

Edited by Gus

"persistent=1" just means that the currently playing game will contine to play even after all players have logged out (used for games like Domination, etc).

If you want only one specific mission to load, you should be able to call it from the "class Missions" section. I had my old server set to only run one specific mission, but I'll have to look how I did it. I think it was something like this:

class Missions
{
co30_Domination_1   // call it whatever you like
{
template = co30_Domination_1_00A2T10_West_R.Chernarus; // note remove ".pbo" extension
difficulty = "regular";   
};
};

Yes that is correct Thirdup. All of you have been very helpfull. I've got it working via the link for the guide and yes-must have it as you show. Now for tweeking...