Sign in to follow this  
shizdan

Should I Get It?

I tried the demo and it was great. A little buggy and some choppiness but overall it was alright. Should I get this game?

-How's the Gaming community?

-Are most of the bugs going to be fixed?

-Any improvements in game performance from demo?

-Will there be any patches that improve performance as well as ATI drivers?

1 - Great

2 - Who knows

3 - never had the demo

4 - Ask ATI?

The community is great. They will release a lot of great mods and missions.

BI is very good about releasing patches and fixing bugs.

Haven't played either yet. Need to get my internet fixed so I can download the demo in less than 2 days without it cutting out every 5 minutes... this is all of course while waiting for my game to ship. I say a good test of a game is how long you can play it for. I played the OFP demo (the first [big] game released by BI for over 3 months while I anxiously awaited christmas (I was 12 or 13 and had no means of income) and the demo was only one mission.

I hope so since I have an ATI card.

I honestly would wait. Don't do like I did and rush out and get it to just get so damn frustrated you tear it off your system. I did that with ArmA and because of it I have a bad taste for ArmA and ArmA2. Even though 115 patch cleared a Ton of problems I was having it is still a chore for me to try and enjoy AA or AA2.

I can drop into OFP or VBS1 and have a blast but not the others. Games should be about having fun and I have had a few sessions that were ok in the fun dept but not enough to get me past that initial year of not being able to enjoy the game.

Like I said I would wait til they get at least 5 or 6 patches deep. They never do anything huge in a patch right off and fix like 1 thing at a time in each patch it seems.

I bought ArmA just for the modmaking aspect of it. In the couple of years that I've had it, I've never played past the first mission in the campaign, and I barely joined any MP games.

In ARMA2, I want to spend all my time in it. I can't wait to get home from work, just because of...well, everything about the game. I love it. I feel like I'm playing what should rightfully be OFP2, because that old OFP feeling is back for me.

Abs

Game has been damn close to perfect for me so far. Amazing how many units you can play as in this. I haven't run into bugs but I hear there are some. Runs very smooth on my AMD quad 9500 with 9800 GT card in 1980x1020 res on very high settings. Only things I don't like are the silly voice acting sometimes and how often and easily I get killed (actually I do like the realism and difficulty so scratch that).

Complete noob to the series...and I say yes. I don't know my ass from my elbow about this game even though I've put 12+ hours in over the weekend, and I still say yes. It may be a bit buggy, but so is every other pc game ever released, and none have the sheer magnitude or ambition that this game does. The editors are friggin awesome. I can make it play however I want to play it for myself and my friends without being a rocket scientist, or a programmer. Pretty sweet. Buy it, and with some patience, you won't be disappointed.

This

Game

Is

AWESOME!

I would SERIOUSLY recommend buying ArmA2, wonderfull, most of the gaming community is quite mature, so one can have alot of fun. Imagine being inserted about a klick from the city parimeter with a squad of about 7, moving in and fighting, screaming "NOO!!!" As your buddy dies in the combat, and then after some more personell insertions, one task remains. The APC, getting a anti-tank person to take it out? How about a jet bombing? Or helicopter missiles? A rich diversity of possibilties lie within this game. ;)