Sign in to follow this  
Demonofloom

Latest Patch 1.02.58134 - Bonked?

Since updating to the latest patch I can no longer launch ArmA2.

If i insert the CD the *play* option is blanked out but Installation is not, if I try and launch the application directly it does nothing for a while and then tells me it was unable to Authenticate original disc within time limit.

worked flawlessly with me...I did do a fresh reinstall and then patched directly to the newest 1.02; might give it a try unless someone has an answer

The same happens to me with and without the patch i cant run the game and i tried uninstalling with no luck.

Demonofloom: Maybe try and update your DVD firmware.

Rom1944: Unfortunately you can't uninstall patches so you have to re-install the whole game.

EDcase the problem is that the same happens without the patch i tried to unisntall it and reisntall it again but it says "missing string" and then it lets the folder with just one file, i tried to manually erase the folder like its says in the readme with no luck at all i even installed the direct X that fixed a demo trouble and nothing the game doesnt seems to run its very frustrating that i cannot enjoy the game i have been a fan since operation flashpoint and i really want to enjoy this new game but it imposible for me.

Sounds odd, I've heard about the "missing string" thing around the net. The reason they have it is due to the game never actually installing fully and activating, but that happens because they're worthless pirates trying to get something for free.

But I figured the problem could also happen in an actual edition. Effectively your game isn't activating. Not sure why but I would suggest uninstalling arma 2, clearing out all references to arma 2 from the registry and attempt to install it to another directory.

Btw, after uninstslling, what file is left in the directory?

I only ask 'cause whatever file that is probably shouldn't ne there.

well i tried erasing all the reference to arma and installing it again and nothing happens i still cant run the game i sent an analysis file to securerom and they said that they have to ask te developers for a solution i hope there is one because i cant return the game to the store i bougth it from.

They should definitely be able to help you with it. I had a similar problem when my securom got nuked, but that was a different game and a different protection system (actually, no securom games would run)

I reinstalled vista and everything worked fine again, so as a last resort you may want to try that, but the extreme aside, if you don't get an email back from securom within the next few days then email BIS and see if they can help.

I updated from 1.02 to 1.02.58134 and according to the start screen version number it worked. But nothing changed in the game. I still don't have the option to switch on Anti Aliasing in the options menu. Any one able to shed som light on that?

I've uninstalled ArmA2 and reinstalled but had the same problem.

So I tried uninstalling ArmA2 again and recieved the missing string error. How can I completely remove it from my system?

I'll be honest with you I did download the Beta version to play it before it was out in my country but I bought the "real" game the day it came out so perhaps there is some conflict?

I had no problems with the patch before the latest.

Nominesine, I'd suggest uninstalling Arma 2 then installing the 1.02.58134 patch without installing any other patches, that should hopefully fix the problem.

Demonofloom, I'm not sure myself but I'm guessing that the beta would have installed some aversion to the activation. After removing the beta then installing the full version I'm guessing the aversion to activation from the beta is still in place so any Arma 2 you install will reference that and not properly activate.

It would most likely be a registry entry but if it's a securom reg entry then there's not much you can do about it other than reinstalling Windows.

There would be a way to fix it but I won't go near Securom reg entries as they are highly encrypted and protected, and altering them in any way could prevent you from running any other Securom protected game.

I had an issue when I first installed Alone in the Dark (I don't care what reviews say, that game rocked), It didn't install properly, it actually detected that I didn't have securom installed and tried to install it overwriting half the securom information and leaving it in a mess, I had to reinstall Vista after weeks of trying to repair the Securom entries.

well i hope i dont have to reinstall windows XP , thanks for the replies im waiting for an answer of securerom people if i dont get any then i will email bis like you said i really want to play this game.