Sign in to follow this  
Minters

Joystick

Can anyone recommend a good joystick for flying that works well with ARMA II (and hopefully windows 7) that's around the £20-£30 mark please?

Thanks

I have a SAITEK Joystick Cyborg EVO, works without a problem, in the flight simulators I've tried too.

But I can't say how it works in Windows 7, I have Vista (64bit).

Well everything I've tried that works with Vista works with 7. Thanks for the tip.

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

I'm leaning towards the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick now. I looked into the EVO but I'm not a big fan of wireless peripherals, other than that; it looked good. Just more batteries to worry about. Any thoughts?

I'll take that as a no...

I hear good things about it. I ordered mine on friday, it will be here this week.

Sweet. Mine's on order, should have it within a couple of days. It looks good, USB and heavy duty enough to survive some big-ass battles.

I use a Logitech Freedom 2.4

It's cordless, which I think is great. no problems.

Only thing is the throttle in ArmA, which functions like a 3-position switch.

But that is not the sticks fault.

I've had it for 4 years, been used a lot, and shows no sign of wear.

Recommended!

Yeah it looks like it's pretty much the same stick except that it's cordless. I'm happy to save £15 by using a USB cord. Thanks though, good to know that logitech is a good way to go.

First of all, I have a Saitek X52 joystick and throttle. Now, for most purposes, the joystick works fine. However, with the throttle, it's on or off. If I'm flying a plane, I cannot gradually increase the throttle. If I move it past half, it's on fully and I keep accelerating until I pull it past, and then it's off. Is there a fix for this? Same goes with helicopters. Either I've got the collective on full, off, or I'm reducing throttle all the way.