Sign in to follow this  
entoptic

Where are all the American servers?

All I see is UK servers and the pings are through the roof! Are their dedicated American servers out there? It's a UK dominated game and I fear I just wasted 40 bucks on a game that has no American servers.

Hi entoptic

I would expect them to start appearing after the 30th when the Steam versions go live.

But the real numbers should arrive after the main release on disc on the 7th of July.

Also be aware many of the clans are buying and installing to new state of the art servers so it will take a while to do that. So give it at least 2 weeks.

That said a little bird told me there will be some of the bigger servers up over the next week or so. ;)

Kind Regards walker

Walker,

Thank you for the info however I did download it from steam on the 26th. Was this a free preview before the offical launch?

Arma 2 released on Steam in North America on the 26th. There are North American servers though, as I do play on them as much as I can. However, there are still a lot more Euro servers.

Just give it time. Arma 2 only came out two days ago on Steam in NA, while Europe has had nearly a month already to get established with retail copies in stores.

Sounds good! I just thought like most companies BI would have dedicated servers out. I can wait for awhile... It's been hot out and I have a motorcycle!:yay:

Sounds good! I just thought like most companies BI would have dedicated servers out. I can wait for awhile... It's been hot out and I have a motorcycle!:yay:

Exactly the reason my server aint working yet. I'm been carving the 1098 around

northern NC.. :)

Hopefully have the server going soon though see the link below and come join me..

Easty