Sign in to follow this  
Cryptoparrot

Satchel Charges

How the hell do you plant a satchel charge? On the first mission I planted one just fine on the communication array that needs to be destroyed, set the timer to 30 seconds and fucked off to watch the fireworks.

Now in Bitter Chill I can not plant one in the house, it just can't be done. Have I suddenly lost the ability to plant charges or is it a known bug?

I enter the house, use the scroll wheel or press ented to bring up the option to plant the satchel charge. The satchel is sometimes planted but sometimes the animation gets suck and nothing happens. After overcoming this it's just a satchel on the floor.

How do you set the timer? Everytime I press enter again it just picks the satchel back up. I did this fine 10 minutes into the game, why not now?

While you are hunched over the satchel just after placing it, don't move, just mousewheel or use [ ] keys to control the action menu and keep adding 30 seconds to the timer.

Also when you place a satchel you dont need to set a timer. Just place it then (from the crouched position) walk away from it.

In your action menu you should now have the "Touch Off X Bomb/s"

where X= the number of satchels you have placed.

In most cases 1 bomb will be enough but in some situations, you may want to destroy multiple targets simultaneously.

well all i get is you have one S C left and that´s it no 30secs or xbombs just lasermarker and silneced m9 and S charges that´s it hpw am i to blow anything without detonater?

well all i get is you have one S C left and that´s it no 30secs or xbombs just lasermarker and silneced m9 and S charges that´s it hpw am i to blow anything without detonater?

Its in the action menu scroll with mouse wheel to "place satchel charge"

then scroll with the mouse wheel to "touchoff 1 bomb"

In Manhatttan you have to blow up a house. To do that I rotated mouse wheel to bring up menu, clicked on "Place satchel bomb" option which placed it,

then at a safe distance from the house clicked "set off sachel bomb" on same menu and it exploded. No need for timer.

It may be that in some situations you are required by game to set a timer and in some situations to touch it off at a safe distance.

In Manhatttan you have to blow up a house. To do that I rotated mouse wheel to bring up menu, clicked on "Place satchel bomb" option which placed it,

then at a safe distance from the house clicked "set off sachel bomb" on same menu and it exploded. No need for timer.

It may be that in some situations you are required by game to set a timer and in some situations to touch it off at a safe distance.

Nope, you have always been able to touchoff satchel charges since opf.

The thing that threw me off at first with satchels is that there is no 'confirm' action for dropping it. You just select drop charge and when your guy hunches down, it's done. No need for anything else.

At that point just run to a safe distance, and then pull up the menu again and you'll see an option to detonate it.