Sign in to follow this  
bradlo

ArmA 2 Driving Sim G25 Wheel Fine Tune

Hey,

I recently set my Logitech G25 Racing wheel with 900 Degress rotation up with ArmA 2 for driving. Its mapped up and responds as should with peddles and such, however there is a large Deadzone of no control when the wheel is centered.

How can i remove this?

If it could be removed and have it perfectly mapped, this would blow me away as this is then practically every simulation in one... (Plane Simulator, Helicopter Simulator, Infatry/Weapons Simulator, Driving Simulator etc...)

Cheers,

Brad

Hey,

I recently set my Logitech G25 Racing wheel with 900 Degress rotation up with ArmA 2 for driving. Its mapped up and responds as should with peddles and such, however there is a large Deadzone of no control when the wheel is centered.

How can i remove this?

If it could be removed and have it perfectly mapped, this would blow me away as this is then practically every simulation in one... (Plane Simulator, Helicopter Simulator, Infatry/Weapons Simulator, Driving Simulator etc...)

Cheers,

Brad

I have a G25 myself but I don't use it with Arma2, dead zones are more for joysticks where you get a bit of handshake. Better wheels and sticks don't need this and should be removable. Also I'd like to see be able to set it up with separate pedals rather than combined.

I have a G25 myself but I don't use it with Arma2, dead zones are more for joysticks where you get a bit of handshake. Better wheels and sticks don't need this and should be removable. Also I'd like to see be able to set it up with separate pedals rather than combined.

Thanks for the reply, but is there anywhere in ArmA 2 where i can change the amount deadzone for my wheel as i have a large section when the wheel is centered of no control regardless of its movement within that small zone. After the zone the control is fine...

Thanks,

Brad

i tried this aswell, and encountered the same problem, but one thing i am thinking, is what if you lower the rotation to around 300, is the deadzone still there?

I am at work until 6, but will try it tonight

i tried this aswell, and encountered the same problem, but one thing i am thinking, is what if you lower the rotation to around 300, is the deadzone still there?

I am at work until 6, but will try it tonight

I only use about 270 degrees and still have the deadzone, the deadzone is only 3-4 degrees but still a pain.

The biggest problem for me is that it just isn't mapped very well to the actual wheel rotation. The wheel movement seems to speed up the more you turn the wheel, your then left trying to correct it all the time.

Also is there any force feedback other than a bit of rumble.

I race a lot of sims and this code is very very basic and not worth the effort of plugging in a wheel.

I haven't tried the wingman software with the G25, I know it's helped with other wheels but the truth is I carn't be bothered as it will still feel poor in relationship to real driving games.

any answer to this at all?

Getting my G25 to work well would be the finishing touch for me :)

TrackIR + Decent FFB joystick + g25 = win.

I fiddled with mine last night, and got it set to a point where it's almost bearable. It was tweaking the sensitivities that did it, actually. i still have the deadzone, but getting the sensitivity right means that the wheel won't "jump" when coming out of the deadzone, and also it feels more linear with sensitivity just right. Still lags alot, though. But at least i could drive the Hummer seven miles from far inland and to the coast on gravel and tarmac roads without hitting a single thing and staying on the road all the time, so it IS better. The analogue throttle and brake help alot too, you don't barge into corners at 60mph any more, you can ease off a bit.

It still needs to be fixed, but at least it's usable now.

This is 1.04, btw.