Sign in to follow this  
Balistic

FPS drop CPU at 40-50%

Hi

When things get really hot or I am in a city (mp), my FPS drops from around 30 to 5-10 and then comes back up agian. I have noticed that my CPU never gets used beyound 50%, so there is a lot more CPU-power to pull.

Can it be my graffic card that is the bottleneck?

Is there some optimisation I can do?

Another thing, in MP my FPS is around 25-35, no matter what settings I use.

Setup:

QQ6600 at 3.0

GTX260 overclocked

4mb Ram

Windows xp

Edited by Balistic

All the hundreds of threads wasnt good to post in wich deals with the same issue as yours? :)

I have much lesser computer and i run ARMA2 real great. Just lower resolution and other things and then step up bit by bit until happy. This is what you can do for now until BIS patches in better performance. It seems these 2XX cards have problems though. My mate have 280 and ARMA2 runs bad compared to other games. Check drivers as well.

And most importantly - please check the million threads dealing with your problem. You wont stay popular for long just posting without reading excisting posts with the same problem. Just a friendly tips.

Alex

Thx, for reply. you are propably right. But anoying to see performance drop, when CPU hardly gets to work.

could be your ram, I mean 4mb, just like the good ol' 386 days :)

There's a whole lot of causes but check the other threads to see. I personally think XP 32bit isn't too nice since it can handle 4gb of ram but isn't great at addressing the whole lot.