Sign in to follow this  
kiptanoi

Trigger big area

I am Blufor.

AI is Opfor.

Then, if I have a trigger that cover a big, big area, and have blufor on activasion, and present.

And then I have it synchronized with a opfor chopper to come and searh and destroy when the trigger is activated.

Now, I dont want to that the chopper is searching out all area, becouse it so big. I just want to search around the area where they spotted me.. lets say 200-400 meters around the area where they spotted me, or around the guy who spotted me. Can something like that be done? And how?

Mutliple over lapping triggers, maybe? Instead of one big area.

---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

I'm stuck at work and don't have the editor here, but wouldn't the activation that you want be: Bluefor "detect by" Opfor?

You can set the radius of the SAD-waypoint from the chopper to 200 or 400 meters. Or whats the problem? :)

problem is that I am going to activate that trigger by be spotted by the enemy, well thats not probm it should be so :D.

Anyway, I dont want to let the player be safe in a very big area, and if I have a SAD in all my area, then maybe the chopper start to search in wrong area, where the player isnt.

I want that the chopper is searching around the player, but want to have that kind in a very very large area, so the next time they spot me, I will be 200-1000 meters away from my last get spotted position. so this time I want that the chopper are searhing around the player where he is at the moment.

Ok at first, i'm at the beginning on learning sqf scripting, so maybe somebody knows a better way for that. Here is an example how you get the heli to "searching around" the player. The heli isn't realy searching, but maybe it helps :rolleyes:

nul=[NameHeli,Player] execVM "moveTo.sqf";

moveTo.sqf

_plane = _this select 0;
_unit = _this select 1;
while { alive player } do
{
 _plane doMove position _unit;
};
sleep 4;
};