Sign in to follow this  
Big Dawg KS

Double-Click not working

This one has me confused. Double-click doesn't work ingame, at least for most of the time (I've gotten it to work like twice so far, but no idea how). My click speed is fine (pretty fast if I do say so myself), so I dunno what's going on.

As most of you know, double-click is needed to place units in the editor... so I wouldn't call it just an annoyance.

Anybody have any thoughts?

I'm having a strange problem with the editor. It doesn't seem to be registering a double-click. I've had some success by continuously clicking the mouse until it finally picks up, but obviously this is annoying. The editor worked fine for me in ARMA1. I also tried another mouse and its still giving me the same trouble. Any help is appreciated.

Ok, this is only a problem for me in the Steam demo. Non-Steam demo works fine. Reinstalled the Steam demo and still have this problem.

The real issue here is that if I have this problem with the Steam demo, I wonder if it will persist in the full Steam version of the game (as I'm still trying to decide whether or not to buy it on Steam).

Anybody else have a similiar problem or any ideas as to what may be causing this?

tried use STEAM beta client ? (view > settings > beta > change > STEAM Client beta) ?

---------- Post added at 03:59 ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 ----------

LMB, RMB, MMB (left,right,middle mouse button) double clicks works for me in

non STEAM demo

STEAM demo

non STEAM full

STEAM full

myth BUSTED ... over

Edited by Dwarden

Tried it, still have the problem. That sucks, buying the Steam version would have been nice, but unless I can sort this issue with the demo I'm not going to risk it.

Tried it, still have the problem. That sucks, buying the Steam version would have been nice, but unless I can sort this issue with the demo I'm not going to risk it.

what problem, please describe it because i can't replicate it on multiple systems

btw. You cannot map left mouse button double click directly by double click

you must drag double click from right side of the actions

simple test :

goto Controls, find FIRE, remove primary mouse button by deleting

it and then drag 2x primary mouse button from right menu to the action list on left

push ok, goto editor and spawn as soldier and voila you can fire only when double click

Well this is interesting. Out of curiosiy I tried what you suggested; remapping fire to 2xPrim Mouse Btn (and removing single Prim Mouse Btn), and oddly enough I could still fire on only single mouse click. Very strange behaviour. Still can't use double-click anywhere I usually would be able to (and where I can in non-Steam demo), like for example on the map (both in editor to place units, and in game to place markers), MP lobby, menus, etc... double-click just doesn't work.

are you using the STEAM beta client like i suggested ?

if yes then it's only your system problem

tested it here on like 4 machines and asked over dozen people in STEAM chat and everyone got doubleclick working fine

what's Your OS and mouse / drivers ?

Yes I tried Steam beta client. OS is XP 32bit, mouse is Logitec LX8 using logitec SetPoint software.

Edit: I tried with two other mice and the problem persists. Doesn't seem to be my mouse.

Edit 2: Ok, it would seem that simply having the Steam demo installed causes this problem to occur in BOTH (Steam and non-Steam) versions of the demo. Uninstalling the Steam demo restored double-click functionality to my non-Steam demo. That's REALLY weird.

Edited by Big Dawg KS

it's still somehow related to your system ...

try disable every software except the steam and game and OS itself

I'm having this issue as well and have not been able to narrow down the cause yet.

I've got the 505 boxed games edition patched to the most recent 1.02 patch. I'm having the double click issue as well. I've taken your advice and disabled all other software running and still have the issue persist.

Mouse is a Logitech G5 updated with the latest firmware. Normal clicks work fine in-game. Double clicks work fine out of game. Like the OP I can click crazy fast and it will eventually register, but it is inconsistent. Testing is being done in the mission editor trying to place units.

actually, it started working for me now. i didn't do anything but restart my computer / steam. so maybe give that a try, and good luck!

Ok, i deleted my amr aprofile, restarted game, no fix. Shut down softwares and restarted, no fix. Rebooted PC, on the second reboot, ok now...for now. I am running a Razor Lachesis, works fine out of game

So apparently, based on Strango's post, this is not specifically related to Steam or the demo. Perhaps a mod can change the thread title?

And yes, seems like this is a tough one to solve, turning off other software doesn't help.

@BIS or some knowledgable person, is there any information (log files, system specs, etc...) I/we could provide that might make it easier to locate (and potentially resolve) the source of this issue?

Ok, I decided to go ahead and buy the full game on Steam, and to my surprise I didn't have the double-click issue. I hope the others who are having it can get it resolved because it really does make editing impossible.

Edit: Almost forgot, but thanks a lot Dwarden for all your effort in trying to help me resolve this.

Edited by Big Dawg KS

Hi guys,

I have full 505 version patched to 1.02.58134 and I had the bouble click problem too.

But then it started working OK and I can't figure out what fixed it.

Things I tried:

Restart computer

Delete profile

re-install gfx driver (older)

I have the boxed DVD UK version and I have the "double click not working" issue also.

Any fix for this?

A reboot usually works as a temporary fix, but it will come back. I have not been able to pinpoint anything to the point of consistent reproduction, but it looks to be related to when something with the mouse changes in-game (such as when you are incapacitated and rolling around on the ground). I notice that my mouse sensitivity is changed (higher than usual) whenever the issue arises.

EDIT: Do the other people having the issue also have a Saitek X52 or other joystick that has mouse capability?

Edited by Strango

My main concern is that I cannot use the Editor. Is there a work around for the Editor? In stead of having a double left mouse click one could use the space bar or another key to bring up the options window?

Edited by [RS]Wedge

I'm unaware of a work around and have to reboot the machine.

Ugh, after a about a week of using the full version (Steam) without any issues I suddenly got this problem again. However, it was also the first time I ran the TrackIR software with ArmA2 (full version, since I ran it previously with the demo), so it made me think it's somehow related to TrackIR. I can't be sure however since I did a lot of other stuff that day before playing ArmA (such as playing AA3 for some time), and maybe one of those gave me the proble since I have yet to actually test if this problem is related specifically to TrackIR.

Edit: And yea, seems like it's only temporary since reboot fixes it.

I have Track IR 5 and I think I had that running while in the Editor. I tried rebooting, but never exited out of TrackIR. I will have to see if that is the problem when I get home from work.

I will load Arma II/Editor without starting up the TrackIR.

That's good, cause I probably wouldn't even have bothered to test if it was TrackIR causing it for some time (call me lazy if you will). But if you are able to confirm it, I'll try and get NaturalPoint involved (they usually seem eager to assist customers with troubleshooting).