Sign in to follow this  
JOGR

Is IS a big deal!

- Make HDR optional!

HDR freaks out!!!! Night gets frustrating as everything goes pitch black but the blurry stars in the sky. Unplayable.

- New AI order: KEEP TO ROADS ONLY!

Even in SAFE, AI driving skills are out the window. They can't even keep on a straight road without ending up offroad, dodging trees and what not. If you can't program the AI to handle complex scenery, then hire someone who can.

- Menus in Superpower/Warfare are too sluggish!

After a while, it takes minutes for the list to appear in the buy menu. Same goes for fast travel. I recently made the mistake clicking a fast travel node several times because nothing happened, and whoops a few minutes later it suddenly kicks in while I was off doing something else. Horrific :eek:

Also, I assume these are not FADE symptoms because I have a legal 505 copy and I do not use some NODVD crack.

Well i have to agree the HDR is just bad .. real bad

You can't remove HDR like in counter strike or other games. HDR is the main lightning of the game, without it the game would look pale.

You can't remove HDR like in counter strike or other games. HDR is the main lightning of the game, without it the game would look pale.

Yeah, there is more range in tones than any monitor can handle, so the maximum (white) and minimum (black) are on a sliding scale. You can't take the hdr away or else the game would look very unnatural. Either everything from no light to bright sunshine would be compressed into a tiny range, or you would choose a range to see in and you would not be able to see in the others.

try HDRprecision = 16 or 32 for instance in your Arma.cfg

It might help you reduce the effect.

- Menus in Superpower/Warfare are too sluggish!

After a while, it takes minutes for the list to appear in the buy menu. Same goes for fast travel. I recently made the mistake clicking a fast travel node several times because nothing happened, and whoops a few minutes later it suddenly kicks in while I was off doing something else. Horrific :eek:

Also, I assume these are not FADE symptoms because I have a legal 505 copy and I do not use some NODVD crack.

Your menu issues in Warfare look like the server was completely overloaded and couldn't cope. As far as I've seen, I've not experienced such a lag in menu and actions

Your menu issues in Warfare look like the server was completely overloaded and couldn't cope. As far as I've seen, I've not experienced such a lag in menu and actions

Actually, I was trying it offline with AI only when this happened. Maybe the mission got screwed up, because the lag remained after restart and resume.

Oh well, the RV engine is pretty complex and shit happens I guess :D

I get the long lag issue too. It takes up to 20 minutes to populate the menu and aquire your equipment. When I click on it, I have to go away from the computer after about 10 minutes just to ease the frustration. It certainly is an issue to be resolved somehow.