Sign in to follow this  
hoak

ArmA II Under Cedega & Wine?

Has anyone tried ArmA II with Cedega or Wine on Linux? It probably won't perform very well under either at this point, but it is a DirectX 9.0 game so it should work, and something to look forwared to as hardware gets faster...

:)

Edited by Hoak

I would assume the game runs poorly (if at all) in Wine judging by the feedback posted to winehq on the original ARMA. Of course, the tests are very old so if you're bored I'm sure they'd be glad to hear what success you have with the game.

I haven't been able to find any other good information out about it, but I would assume anything running this poorly in Wine would also have issues in Cedega.

the big issue i can see on this is the securom DRM not allowing you to run it under wine.

i installed under wine . aktivated my key .didnt work so i uninstalled it . But now when im tried to installed thru my other comp it said that my key didnt work and i my revoke it . So F**K securom .

Manage get it to run tho under wine . Only graphicks bug like he** . But i thing its gonna be playble tho , but it gonna take hours and some coffee ;)

Wine is still missing necessary stubs to mimic windows function calls, including some especially in the area of D3DEx and as noted Shader/Texture conversion to GL format for X11 usage.

http://bugs2.winehq.org/attachment.cgi?id=23265

D2D is the principle reason for DRM issues as the Steam version yet is less invasive given the track record. If there's no paul.dll file in your ARMA root it probably isn't securom and could rather be Starforce or more commonly Tages.