Sign in to follow this  
JOGR

Disable HDR!

How do you disable HDR? It's way too exaggerated. I can't see anything but blurry stars by night. I have to switch the NV on and off to get a quick glimpse of my close surroundings. Hardly realistic :j:

Try turning it up in config, from 8 default to 16, it really makes HDR look better. If your mashine can handle it, you can go higher than 16 to 32.

How do you disable HDR? It's way too exaggerated. I can't see anything but blurry stars by night. I have to switch the NV on and off to get a quick glimpse of my close surroundings. Hardly realistic :j:

I think thats just your graphics card. I can see everything going on all the time with it on.

I think thats just your graphics card. I can see everything going on all the time with it on.

Right. Maybe you should try a night mission in a vehicle using optics. Good luck.

Right. Maybe you should try a night mission in a vehicle using optics. Good luck.

Already have. I think its just your graphics card.

Already have. I think its just your graphics card.

How do you figure? Like I was saying, everything is clearly visible when I switch to NV, but after a few seconds it fades to black. It's clearly a HDR issue. It is too exaggerated! Noticed how everything glows? Seriously? Check the official screens. It is not my 7950GTX card :j:

pretty sure it can't be disabled; but hopefully either BIS or the mod makers will change it so it's not 'overdone'. I like it for the NV goggles...makes it look more realistic; but having it go from almost pitch-black to super bright during the day is too much

Did you try upping the HDR to 16? It really makes a big difference, the higher you up it, the better it works, but the bigger performance hit.

Did you try upping the HDR to 16? It really makes a big difference, the higher you up it, the better it works, but the bigger performance hit.

Nope I'm already running it on a laptop so I won't crank up anything that would hit performance.