Sign in to follow this  
walker

New Helicopter Pilots, a word of advice.

Imho its better if there are more training/tutorial missions where people can figure out what they like and what not. Lets say somekind of basic and advanced training missions.

Before you kick/bann someone be sure its not a technical prob/performance issue. ;)

Hi CarlGustaffa

If the server admin says "Do not take a helicopter unless you know how to fly" and then you jump in the helicopter anyway. Ask the passengers how the buttons work. Take off and then promptly crash possibly one of the few helicopters in the mission because you never flown before. Or take off in a blackhawk with no one in it to go off on a jolly. Or take off, fly over the objective orbit it looking around thus getting the crew pasengers and helicopter shot up. Or take off, take everyone safely to the LZ then proceed to go fly over the Objective to have a look-see, thus getting the helicopter shot up and possibly destroyed.

Thus ruining a mission for 30 plus people that have perhaps been playing for a couple of hours; and yes I have seen each of those done.

Do you think the admin is wrong for kicking them? Banning is perhaps a little much unless you do it repeatedly, but I can imagine the feelings of an admin who has been plagued by a plethora of new pilots; hitting the BAN button in frustration at people not listening and we did have that earlier this week.

I think the problems will lessen as people discover that the online missions can be played at home as SP and that you can put every single toy in the game with the editor. I swear some of the cases are people who have never flown the copters because they have only played a few SP missions and have not discovered the editor.

Thus they spawn into MP see all the toys at the base and think, "Wow! If I play here I get those to play with." thinking they are some kind of magical MOD that places extra vehicles in the game but only when you go there.

Anyway the first post is about preventing that numptiness! And any one who read to this section of the thread now knows why they got kicked and possibly banned. They can always go back to the server admin and or the Clan ban court and plead their case.

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

Hi all

Added Dslyecxi's in ArmA I video dealing with the MH-6 Littlebirds to the first post.

Special thanks to SASrecon for reminding me of it.

Kind Regards walker

Learning to fly isnt all that hard, ive only been trying to fly for the past day or 2, and i can fly pretty good on the toughest difficulty level, theres a server that i play on thats teamspeak mandetory called ULTIMATE COMBAT which is admined and on evolution

(dont say theres no teamwork people.. due to mandatory team speak and admin it has A LOT of teamwork) The only bird i cant fly is the Osprey.. but i can easily fly a Cobra in one of the little walled sections of Chernogorsk and land it then take it back off again with no damage, although occasionally i get a little carless and get shot (pilot gets killed, not shot down) by a DshK machinegun.

Edited by bwc153