Sign in to follow this  
PFC_Mike

1.46 woes

So I downloaded patch 1.46. Should be good, right? Not. First, I have to uninstall/reinstall. Pain in the ass, but minor, really. next I have to repatch up to 1.30, and finally, install the patch. The patch worked great, but after I installed Viperheart's FAMAS, it crashed. OFP won't start. Please don't blame Viperheart, becuase OFP ran perfectly in 1.30 with his FAMAS. If BIS decided to get back at modders by making their work uncompatible, that's really, really low. I DO NOT want to have to go though the uninstall/reinstall rigamarole again. Has anyone else ecperienced similar problems? Oh, last but not least, I have a legit copy of OFP.

Here's the deal. Many addons that are out right now have caused problems due to bad work on behalf of the addon maker. Since this was causing problems with the original game, BIS decided to lock certain stuff. Apparently if an addon wants to change something which is locked, it doesn't work. It's a good decision from BIS. Don't complain, they did it for a good reason.