Sign in to follow this  
Bon

coop14 Hunt Waldo v0.9 (Utes)

changelog v1.4 (final, no more updates for this mission)

- fixed a small vehicle service issue

- now all special weapons in ammocrate at respawn point for JIP players

- fixed task updating for JIP players

- increased enemy reinforcements

- removed commander, squad leaders can request artillery instead.

- refactored code for a very small performance improvement

- once again, removed annoying AI <-- forgot to mention that, thx kdjac :D

Download page

Edited by Bon

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

changelog v1.4 (final, no more updates for this mission)

- fixed a small vehicle service issue

- now all special weapons in ammocrate at respawn point for JIP players

- fixed task updating for JIP players

- increased enemy reinforcements

- removed commander, squad leaders can request artillery instead.

- refactored code for a very small performance improvement

Download page

A group of us were going to play 1.3 tonight but gonna use 4 now.

Could be just me but are all the AI are gone? They were in 1.3 :confused:

Excellent mission btw wp :D

is there a guide to this mission :confused:

How do you use the RHIBs and and move the Spawn Box? I ferrying people to and from the island in the chopper Cant seem to get into the RHIBS.

Not 100% on how to move the spawn box is it an option for one of the team to create ?

thanks

is there a guide to this mission :confused:

How do you use the RHIBs and and move the Spawn Box? I ferrying people to and from the island in the chopper Cant seem to get into the RHIBS.

Not 100% on how to move the spawn box is it an option for one of the team to create ?

I think all you have to know is written in the ingame notes, just to answer these two particular questions:

- Clear Strelka/Airfiled, then the pilot can use the UH1 to load the box on the carrier and drop it. Near the box the engineer can build your spawn.

- The RHIBS are not usable. They are only there for having sea environment sounds at the carrier :cool:

Perhaps some day the landing bay down the carrier can be used, then the boats are perfectly placed for usage.

I think all you have to know is written in the ingame notes, just to answer these two particular questions:

- Clear Strelka/Airfiled, then the pilot can use the UH1 to load the box on the carrier and drop it. Near the box the engineer can build your spawn.

- The RHIBS are not usable. They are only there for having sea environment sounds at the carrier :cool:

Perhaps some day the landing bay down the carrier can be used, then the boats are perfectly placed for usage.

thanks, tried to get into the RHIBs for over an hour :o

Really good mission tho, some great moments trying to take the LZ.

I've tried completing this with a mate of mine since the first release, but never got too far due to crippling bugs (ie. respawning in carrier).

I've noticed that there still seems to be the bug on losing your weapons when you're swimming for extended for long periods of time.

Is this an ArmA2 bug or mission bug?

It really ends up killing the fun when I have to bail from a chopper after being shot down, only to swim to the island with no gear :/

I've noticed that there still seems to be the bug on losing your weapons when you're swimming for extended for long periods of time.

Is this an ArmA2 bug or mission bug?

It really ends up killing the fun when I have to bail from a chopper after being shot down, only to swim to the island with no gear :/

This is an ArmA2 issue, was already there in Armed Assault. But I don't know this to suggest as a bug but as a feature. It must be intended from developers to loose weapons when in water I think.

Edited by Bon

Hi community,

with the patch to v1.03 the players task list does not have to be recreated after a players respawn, instead it is now automatically transferred to the players new entity.

Because of this I had to comment out the call for the missions taskfix script.

Mission link: http://10th-community.com/index.php?site=files&file=20

Hf, Bon.

Hello Bon,

we played today with 8 people the co14 Waldo mission on Utes and its really fun. But we are no able to capture the airfield. The first to goals where no problem but as we approach the airfield we had not many resistance and after clearing the area nothing happend. Any special thing to do ?

We go ahead to the radar but ther was no radar. But we found waldo and bring him back on the carrier :D

Nice mission. in 2 weeks we will try your big version.

Greetings

Hi Desiderus,

thanks for your feedback.

Checked this airfield problem out and can confirm it. Playing on a dedicated server it is not working anymore (well, I'm pretty sure it did previously).

The trigger which gives u the taskhint that Strelka is cleared is also responsible for the server to spawn the enemies on the airfield, so my suspicion is, that this trigger is not triggered on server side. If this suspicion is correct I am scared. Really. :eek:

However just in case this is the cause I added a simple workaround. If you like to play it again in the next time download it again and tell me if this issue is fixed.

Thx again and have fun.

ah Bon okay,

iam happy that we did not make an failure :D.

I hear often from this problem that mission things work properly at home but not on an dedicated. Its really frustating for modder i think.

But thx for your update we will try it again and then give you an feedback.

Is it correct when iam now download the mission again i have the new fixed version ?

Greetings

Is it correct when iam now download the mission again i have the new fixed version ?

That is correct. :bounce3:

Hi Bon,

We've played your mission a couple of times now with a group of 7 of us who do coop missions together. Its a fun mission and well designed, we've have a lot of good battles on it, enjoy the multiple tasks and so on, so well done! As relative noobs we like that you have respawn enabled, ha hah!

A few comments / questions (all with v1.04 patch):

-As the mission progresses, sometimes the task list on the map gets duplicated so you end up with the same task entries repeated many times. Everything still works okay and it doesn't affect finishing the whole mission etc, but it gets messy on the map screen. Could be a game bug, not sure, its not a big issue really but might be an easy fix?

-With the artillery, I had thought it simply doesn't work as I called it in again and again for nothing. But reading this thread, it seems that it takes 25 minutes to fire after you request it? Is that right? Maybe you could reduce the fire time a bit? It could have a one or two hour recharge though, so you can't just spam it all the time. Or at least mention this firing delay in the mission briefing?

-It would be great if you could save your kit loadout, as most of us alter it from the default loadout.

-One observation - we've noticed that the enemy infantry are just standing there doing nothing at the first LZ and also at the airport until some firing starts, then they all spread out and counter attack. Whereas the armoured cars do tend to move around on the island on patrol routes. So maybe you could make some of the infantry groups move in patrol sweeps around the perimieter of the LZ/coastline and also airport perimeter? It would make it a bit more challenging and less predictable for more replayability.

Note - perhaps they are already on patrols and it was just a timing thing, but at least last night they were just standing there out in the open at the lz, and also at the airport, so we just got on the hill above them and killed them all pretty easily both times. But then in other parts they were much more unpredictable and had some great fights.

Anyway, keep up the good work and thanks!

Cheers,

aUlias

Edited by aulias

Hey aulias,

feels so cool there are still some people playing this mission as I did not expect that.

So I did not really checked for issues after 1.04 released and I will catch it up in the next weeks.

My current project, which is kind of a regeneration of Hunt Waldo 2, is still in progress (think this is an opportunity to point to the preview available on my download page).

In this project the most of the things you mentioned above I implemented already, what causes me to give the Hunt Waldo mission on Utes a makeover when the time is right.

-As the mission progresses, sometimes the task list on the map gets duplicated so you end up with the same task entries repeated many times. Everything still works okay and it doesn't affect finishing the whole mission etc, but it gets messy on the map screen. Could be a game bug, not sure, its not a big issue really but might be an easy fix?

Will rewrite the whole tasks thing by implementing a simple but effective server-client architecture as I did in my current project, dropping the trigger-based task creation. Should kill all the issues of that kind.

-With the artillery, I had thought it simply doesn't work as I called it in again and again for nothing. But reading this thread, it seems that it takes 25 minutes to fire after you request it? Is that right? Maybe you could reduce the fire time a bit? It could have a one or two hour recharge though, so you can't just spam it all the time. Or at least mention this firing delay in the mission briefing?

If I understand right, you experience that you request the fire mission and 25 minutes later the shells go down.

Of course that's not intended and I wonder why I never noticed this bug. Will check and fix it.

You should be able to call firemissions 20 minutes after join and then all 25 minutes after every request. I think these delays are appropriate, since the artillery is very powerful.

Nevertheless, I will take care of putting hints where needed.

-It would be great if you could save your kit loadout, as most of us alter it from the default loadout.

-One observation - we've noticed that the enemy infantry are just standing there doing nothing at the first LZ and also at the airport until some firing starts, then they all spread out and counter attack. Whereas the armoured cars do tend to move around on the island on patrol routes. So maybe you could make some of the infantry groups move in patrol sweeps around the perimieter of the LZ/coastline and also airport perimeter? It would make it a bit more challenging and less predictable for more replayability.

No problem, since I've implemented that already for my newest mission.

Once again thx for your encouragement,

hf.

Nice work Bon, we played this for the first time last night with 12 or so people, had a ball!

Loved the chooper transport role!

Hi Bon,

No worries, thanks for response and making those changes.

With the arty, I'm not sure it ever did fire, or whether because I kept requesting it it kept resetting the timer between requesting it and it firing. But it may have been that it fired into the target area when we had already cleared it and moved further along the island. I understand its pretty powerful, and it needs to be limited.

I'll go and download the new version in your other post and give it a go.

Cheers,

aulias