Sign in to follow this  
xyclone

Crappy copy protection!

:mad:

It IS the original disc fgs!

53wkgg.png

This is SO annoying, i am actually considering to crack the securom-thingy to be able to play the game.

BIS : Stop using those crappy copy protection that not even protects the game from being copied.

You cant be serious that i need to reconfigure my hardware because of this?

EDIT: Maybe i should add, that this only happens from time to time, but allways when im in a hurry to get ingame.

Edited by XyClone

... i am actually considering to crack the securom-thingy to be able to play the game.

I wouldn't suggest saying such a thing on the game developer's official forum. :rolleyes:

Are you sure you entered the CD key correctly? Is the disc clean/not scratched? Has anyone used the disc before you? Perhaps Placebo will come along and be able to help you out more. By the way, as soon as you use the crack FADE will activate, so there's really no point.

The disc went out of the box and into the drive when it arrived, and it has been there since.

In Denmark it is actually LEGAL to circumvent copyprotection to be able to play a game/movie/song LEGALLY bought.

I am sorry if the post seems a bit ... hmm ... angry, but this is SO annoying when the "protection" doesnt even work.

i have to agree, to install the game, i had to install my old 5 year old dvd drive to get it to work, even though my dvd rw drive is 1year old.

the constant disc check isnt good for your drive and for the dvd too, reduces the lifetime of the disc significantly!

i have to agree, to install the game, i had to install my old 5 year old dvd drive to get it to work, even though my dvd rw drive is 1year old.

the constant disc check isnt good for your drive and for the dvd too, reduces the lifetime of the disc significantly!

Huh ? :confused:

Maybe the drive, but there is no physical contact with the disc so for the disc there is no wear and tear.

If you tried circumventing securom, the other copy-protection may get activated (FADE). :eek:

If you tried circumventing securom, the other copy-protection may get activated (FADE). :eek:

Yeah, i know. :-(

In ArmAI, they disabled the Securom in a patch... i sure hope they will in ArmAII soon.

Issues regarding copy protection should be addressed with the publisher, we cannot help you there.

Discussing circumventing copy protection of our games will result in a permanent ban from these forums.