Sign in to follow this  
alswede

Hard to survive in red hammer mission four.

Hi,I tried to do this mission at least ten times but I get killed all the time.Do anybody have any ideas how to play it and live?any suggestion will be greatly apreachiated.Al wink.gif

hmm what mission you on? and what objectives do you have to complete?

I think I know which one he means.

You have to select the machine gun first. Take lots of ammo. Then position yourself well, at least one or two sides protected by a house or something. Then when the choppers come in, let fire your machine gun as long as possible (hitting the chopper preferably wink.gif ) and also try aiming for the gunner. I recommend you aim for the chopper that comes from the coastline (not the one that flies over the village) and drops its squad near the beach. Take that chopper and squad out. Once that first chopper is down, go grab a G36, snipe the gunner on the other chopper, and take out the remaining soldiers.

Once you've cleared the village, find a machine gun and shoot the second chopper down.

Equip yourself and one other teammate with a Strela rocket launcher and when the mission starts, stand in between the two nearby tents (there is an ammo stash there). When you fire a Strela at the choppers, rearm, reload and shoot again. Your teammate should help by hitting the chopper once too.

After that, hide in a bush and wait for the enemy squad to come over the hill behind you (the 2nd chopper would have had time to drop them off).

You should be able to take out the first chopper before it has time to unload any troops.

ahh yea that mission, i played that one several times lol couldnt beat it! then finaly a stroke of luck smacked me and i conquered it!

I tried using the Strela several times....only hit it once though, and I died on that occasion as well.

I like my approaches. Either full stealth like James Bond...or all guns blazing, like Schwarzenegger biggrin.gif

Don't forget the resistance castle nearby, it's loaded with extra points. There's only about three or four men there though.

This is a good mission. I got through it after a few attempts, altho I don't play the campaign much hance I ain't got through it hardly. But I felt proud after a great successful mission. Shooting them chinooks down was great.

Repulsion is the mission name. One tough cookie. I used the Strella.

Teammate take out a chopper? With what? I don't recall any AIs had AA weapons!

I shot the Chinook over the town first, then the one that landed at the beach. Maybe it was reverse. Don't remember. I got the 3rd chopper while it was hovering over town on the lookout.

I sniped whomever I could with my AK from the outskirts of town but I drew fire pretty soon my way. I retreated and, recognizing the area from 1985 missions, I found the castle. Went in from behind, following the car dirt path part of the way. Shot everyone there and took as many nades as possible.

Went back down the slopes and into town from the northern edge. Took out some already wounded enemy and got hold of a G36. That helped. Good scope and accuracy.

After tossing a few grenades and firing a few shots, the town was clear and the Soviet truck came in.

While the mission was very lopsided and I couldn't possibly have gotten all 3 choppers without replaying several times, I loved the challenge.

Another amazing OFP experience!

It seems like you're all making this far more complicated than it really is.

Either equip yourself before the mission or at the start (From the tents) with a Strela.

When the mission starts issue the order 'go prone' now place yourself at the back of the first tent (where you start) facing into the town up the hill and get the strela ready. The first Wocca should fly directly overhead, aim your strela (Get it locked on) wait till the first parachutist exits, then fire.

Now pass back through the tent picking up 9K22 (I think) rocket for strela and reload you should now be watching the other Ch47 land on the beach wait till it lands and fire......reload and fire again. Your squad should of already open fire on the troops on the beach, join in and take them all out. Tell your squad to 'stop' where they are, next the resistance truck should come along take them out...nothing fancy, just shoot them.

Now proceed West (I think) up into the high hills where one of the choppers should be downed, this gives you a great vantage point over the whole town and you can pick off what's left of the enemy invasion force.......try to pick up a G36 ASAP as this makes the clean up a lot easier.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Gambba @ Mar. 12 2002,16:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">...aim your strela (Get it locked on)..<span id='postcolor'>

The strela is guided? I didn't know that - I was trying to use it as an unguided rocket (damned hard). How do you lock on?

David Vrabel

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (dvrabel @ Mar. 13 2002,12:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Gambba @ Mar. 12 2002,16:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">...aim your strela (Get it locked on)..<span id='postcolor'>

The strela is guided?  I didn't know that - I was trying to use it as an unguided rocket (damned hard).  How do you lock on?

David Vrabel<span id='postcolor'>

Right click on target to identify (Just like you would in the choppers) target will now be in Sqaure box, then aim in general direction of target and another box will appear at 45 degrees to the target box..............FIRE!

It's possible to equip one of your teammates with a Strela launcher as well. He only fires once though (only carries one missile). It was a big help in taking down the first chopper. But sometimes he messes up and doesn't actually fire (had to click restart wink.gif).

At the gear setup screen I always hand out as many AA launchers as possible. It helps. I think you can hand out maybe 3? 2 at least.