Sign in to follow this  
Wildgoose

SetObjectTexture working in mission!

It appears that the SetObjectTexture command now works in mission on some standard addons.

Ive created a small example to show you what I mean.....

Take the ingame empty civil MI17 and place it on your map in the editor, then go to its ini and write this..

this setObjectTexture [0,"skin2.jpg"]

place this image in your mission folder then preview mission.

This is what you will get...

rainbow2.jpg

Ok not the greatest reskin :rolleyes:, but this is just a proof of concept and could be used by lots of mission makers in need of a simple reskinned helicopter for a certain mission, without the need of an addon.

You could simply create a UN skiined chopper for that particular mission you were thinking of making?

The original skin template is 2048x2048, but resized for bis forum rules...you can find all the originals yourselves anyway.

.jpg aswell as .paa, both are working and this method has been tested in multiplayer and works there aswell.

Just remember the skin image becomes part of your mission so watch the filesize!

Nice find Wildgoose !

i had a mess about in photoshop and done miself a blue crosser..heres a pic (had to save this pic as low quality to meet forum rules of 100KB)

Also,that image you posted to place in the mission folder isn't working in game cos u resized it from 2048..

Anyways cheers for this thread !

mybluecrosser11.jpg

mybluecrosser7.jpg

dt125re.jpg

mybluecrosser3.jpg

mybluecrosser5.jpg

EDIT:i've managed to reskin it to match ma Yamaha DT125 2005 model...luvin it...i'm glad i saw this thread...i'll finish skinnin it 2morra.

Edited by Xeo

Nice bike....we been having some fun with it for a couple of weeks already!....here

Does it work with units? I'm thinking predefined armpatches here driven by mission.

Nope no joy so far with units :(

This is awesome! Tried it myself but the picture was blurry and undimentioned. Where can I find the original textures so I can modify them, like Xeo did? Looked really good!

I'm dying to get a hold of the original skin files and start modifying my own skins! Could anyone please direct me to the templates (2048x2048 in size according to wildgoose)?