Sign in to follow this  
C4SINO

Another Eastern European Setting?

Waffen is correct in that list of enemies. There is no other plausible scenario that involves a superpower fighting on a large scale. A game featuring conflict on a large scale must have Nazis/Imperial Army/Russians/Terrorists as enemies.

NATO bonds a large portion of the world. You could do what Far Cry 2 did, and have African nations fighting it out, but that doesn't provide much scope in terms of vehicles and equipment.

Dragon Rising's story was probably written by a 10yr old.

I really want someone here to propose a scenario involving two superpowers that have equal equipment in equal quantities, that does not involve Russia.

Eastern Europe is also a perfect setting due to its sheer size and diversity. There is enough room to plant a fictional country there and have it seem realistic at the same time.

A lot of these recent posts reek of some sort of misguided guerrilla (counter)marketing attempt by entities that may not want to see BIS succeed.

Agreed. Cant wait to see what the OP's next topic will be. I know one thing though - it will be anti-something...

A lot of these recent posts reek of some sort of misguided guerrilla (counter)marketing attempt by entities that may not want to see BIS succeed.

I was thinking exactly the same thing.

Second Eastern European game setting in 8 years? Oh the horror, the horror!

Is this the kind of thread this forum has degenerated to? "Must do better" is what I write on the report card.