Sign in to follow this  
mwsteve

Removing Addons From Mp Mission

So I've made myself a multiplayer mision that i play with some friends. The problem is that i added some addons. added them in the edditor (ah64, mh6, f16) now i want them to be removed. ( unfortunately i dont have a backup of that mision files without adons)

i thought that if i simply remove them from the mission in editor and they will be no longer required to play the map. But they still are even though i've removed addon vehicles from the mision.

I removed them from the mission and from addons folder. Firstly i 've deleted them from the mission and then from addons folder. When i want to start playing "addon free" mission i get the message that the file have been deleted.

I always got such errors in arma series and usualy i lost the mission as i couldn use it anymore without addons.

I assume that there is data written into missionfile that lists all the addons that were used in creating missionfile. Is there any way to delete such list or sth so that the game wont tell me that necesary addon files are missing? even though they are not necesare as ive deleted them from the mission in editor.

PS. Thx it worked:D

Edited by mwsteve

Open up the mission.sqm file in notepad and simply delete the addons from the requirement list at the top. But take a backup of the file first. If you remove lines of requirements and such an addon is present (i.e. the F16 vehicle), you won't be able to open the file anymore.

Open up the mission.sqm file in notepad and simply delete the addons from the requirement list at the top. But take a backup of the file first. If you remove lines of requirements and such an addon is present (i.e. the F16 vehicle), you won't be able to open the file anymore.

I just simple delete the requirement and change the class name in the mission.pbo with a arma default vehicle - once u have done that u an go into the editor delete that vehicle and the .pbo should repair itself :)