Sign in to follow this  
SlapShot10th

Aiming

Why when you pull your weapon up to aim, it seems like you are cramming your face into the sights? Can it be changed so when you pull your weapon up to sight that it just goes up instead of zooming in so much. It would way more realistic this way.

It looks correct proportion to me for holding the weapon in a sighted fire position.

So you get telescopic eyes when you look down a real rifle? Things in the distance become bigger?

Well, in the ready position you do move your head forward and have the sights up to your eye (without contact of course)

If you mean the zoom on the background then yes, that is not totally realistic but I think that compensates for the lack of resolution compared to the human eye.

If you didn't have that or the right button zoom then you wouldn't be able to hit anything.

The zoom amount can be changed with a mod so maybe there will be one that you prefer.

Never in my life have I been trainined to move my head closer to the sights for aiming. Whether I shoot iron or optic, the sights are much farther away from the eye than what is in game. Weapons should just be raised and that is it.

go to controls, remove zoom in from your right mouse button which you hold when aiming.

go to controls, remove zoom in from your right mouse button which you hold when aiming.

Not what I mean, when I single click to bring the weapon to ready position, the whole view spectrum zooms in, and then when you move the mouse to raise your weapon up, all you get is sights in your view, instead of a natural peripheral vision that one would have when the weapon is being aimed. But I have a feeling that this hard coded into the game and cannot be changed. To see what I mean, hold a side arm at eye level without aiming. In real life, the weapon would actually be closer to your view. Now go to the ready and aim. In real life, you would actually move the weapon farther away from you as you straighten out your arm and get into a fire position. In game, the weapon gets closer.

The zoom in the game is nowhere near a simulation of "moving your head forward". Neither is zooming out a simulation of "moving your head backwards". It's simply a matter of trying to balance FOV with being able to identify targets at realistically long distances - those 2 cannot co-exist in monitors that have less than something like 5000 pixels as their width. Of course, they could've made the zoom effect in a much better way.

Just because TrackIR activates that zoom doesn't mean it's really the effect of your head moving forward/backward.

When you use sighted view it basically puts your vision at the weapon model-defined "eyepoint" which doesn't have much to do with where your character's head is. The FOV changes are something else entirely.

guys check mod section and use AT GUI pack theres a FOV change when zoomed in.