Sign in to follow this  
rejenorst

Some free sound resources

This is a bit of a plug but I'm hoping you guys find it useful for adding sounds and music to your missions if not now then by end of the year:

Hi everyone,

I started a website a month ago. I have a voice acting business that's kind of more of a hobby than anything else. At this point in time the website is still under construction.

Apart from eventually selling sounds I have and will upload a ton of stuff you can use for commercial and non commercial purposes, royalty free. The items range and will range from Sound Effects, voice acted sounds and music.

Here you may be able to find a few things that you can use for your missions in Arma2 or other projects.

There will be a huge content upload in October this year when I get back to Australia. In the meantime you can grab what I have already uploaded. (The content isn't huge yet because the majority of my stuff is at home in Australia.)

If you appreciate the webpage I advise you to bookmark it for the future as it may come in handy. I am only doing limited advertising at the moment until major uploads begin in October and am in the process of testing the concept and seeing if people find it useful.

You may not find alot of applicable voice work yet for your missions as alot of it is remnants of medieval game projects etc but this will change in October. You may however find some useful music files.

All files are created by myself.

I did my own campaign and mission a while back for ARMA called The Cause and Endpoint Mountain Thunder and can be found in the download sections at Armaholic and Ofpec.

It can give you an idea of what I'm offering.

Some videos of my voicework and music in user videos of those missions:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utXxOX0TTS0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-IqfOF5F8U

the website is http://www.rejenorst.com

Hope it helps. Thank you.

Thanks Rejenorst, this might come in handy!

I loved the Cause and that mission for EndPoint! :)

So nice of you to do this mate, I will certainly appreciate it! Any chance of adding some war effects to the list, ie the sound of a battlefield etc?

I have not looked at your website yet but I certainly will be doing.

Thanks Sic and Dale,

The SFX will depend heavily on whether I can get my hand on a portable digital recorder such as the H4n or PMC D50. I can't take other sounds due to copyright reasons so I have to make my own. Im in a good position to get gun sound SFX while Im in the philippines as they have gun ranges with Mg's and Assault rifles. Its something I've been meaning to do but will have to see if I can get the equipment cheap from online. The prices here for that sort of equipment is marked up considerably.

Have started to update the website, there are now over 78 music tracks to download and a whole bunch of vocal sounds.

I will most likely focus on voice packs such as english variations of the German vocals pack 1 where I've included combination type sounds so that player can edit the voices to say a variety of different things.

Hope this helps. Check back every now and then as I will update the site over the coming months.

The website has around 150-160 music tracks on it and a bunch of sounds for anyone interested. I am not sure how long the website will be up as the annual cost is becoming a bit much for me. Anyway just thought I'd bump for anyone looking for additional sound resources before she blows.

I'm sorry to hear that Rejenorst. I tried to download some now but got a pop up saying I needed to buy a copy of Quick Yime Pro. Is there another way of downloading the tracks?

Right click on any of your mp3's on your hd, click open with and select another program such as windows media player and then check the box at the bottom left hand side that says always open these filetypes with this program. Then try and download again. If you want to revert back to your old mp3 player repeat the process and select the previous mp3 player progam.

What do you get the traffic from? Why not outsource those files with high traffic to other free hosts and update the links Rejen?

Seems the website already deducted the payment for this year so the website will be up for another year if anyone wants to grab anything in that time. I will occasionally update (mostly with music etc)

Glad to hear that. With the release of Iron Front your website became a very valuable resource to me. Downloading stuff now...