Sign in to follow this  
Mike JezZ

MP questions!

Ok i got some questions about mp :

1. I play wiht a mate is there a friend system so I can easy join grp with him?

2. Any rank system?

1. You can start your own game and tell him what it's called, password it maybe. Or you could both arrange to join the same server.

2. Nope. Some specific missions might appear that have it built in.

Yeah, i've never really noticed ArmA lacked a built-in friend system. It could probably use it.

Could someone confirm ArmA 2 doesn't have this?

But regardless it is easy enough to find each other, you can arrange out of game before hand or use something like Xfire or TeamSpeak.

How can you play arma 2 when it aint out yet?

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

How can you play arma 2 when it aint out yet?

Oh havent seen it is released in the US and they dont care about EU :P

How is it in mp? Do you respawn or is it one life?

US? Its released in Germany.

Respawn or not is up to mission designers. You can make ANY type of mission. Any type in the world ;) Its all up to who designes it. Even if a mission dont have respawn the designer can add it if he wants to. You can have instant respawn to base, to your squad, to any place... But again its not something you as a player can choose or add when you play, but its in the mission you play made by the mission designer.

PS some missions you probably even can choose yourself lol. Missions can be made in any way you like. The mission editor is very powerful.

Alex

So when you enter a game you never know how it will be like?

Are there stats system?

And I cant make servers my router aint setup for that :P

So when you enter a game you never know how it will be like?

No and Yes... the most mission are tagged like DM, CTF, CTI, Coop, Team etc but some missions can surprise you, maybe an RPG, maybe a Zombiesurvival or a racing mission... everything is possible^^ But most time, you will know the mission, you are joining...

Hi all

Read this thread:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=74063

Basicly ArmA is not limited to a few game forms, it is unlimited you can make and play any mission you want or just join or download one that others have made.

That post explains some of the basic PvP forms and touches on Coop. There will be a whole bunch of new game forms you have never heard of. Heck with the advances in ArmA II people will come up with game forms I have never heard of, and I have been playing and Modding the game since BIS's original OFP demo back in 2000.

Kind Regards walker