Sign in to follow this  
dpd29

is it possible to delete some object from the islands?

Id like to erase some objects from the islans so that we can play the game with more frames . Is it possible to delete trees or buildings some trigger or around some trigger? How would you do it?

thanks

Best option to delete island features would be a thermo-nuclear warhead i think. Then again that doesn't really solve your problem as you'll end up with a lot of rubble instead, which also drains frame rates.

Another option would be to mod the island, but at the end of the day you'd be better off just making a whole new island once the tools come out, and that'll take a few months at least.

And if all else fails you can try turning down your settings to a more reasonable level, that might work too, in theory.

I'm with him on the thermonuclear warhead. I think Gigan is still working on his scud launchers with scalable warheads since he just released a new update for Armed Assault 1. Also a author named Takko is working on a nuclear device of his own. The amount of lag it creates when it initially destroys buildings could be to much for your computer to handle plus if it has to handle trees/shrubs etc it might just be to much for the game itself to handle. Good luck! :D