Sign in to follow this  
Stormcrow85

Arma2 - cool ideas but totally screwed up! (Bug report)

I really understand all the annoyances that the bugs are causing on people.

But what you've here is a game rather different from what you are used to play in terms of complexity.

BIS doesn't have unlimited resources, unlimited money, like other software houses have. It's a tiny little software house that produces one of the most fantastic game of all history of computer gaming. There's is nothing yet that can be comparable in terms of milsim and open environment.

The things aren't perfect I know. That was no different seven years ago with Operation Flashpoint. I felt the same that you feel now. But the game will play better with each new patch. And they will come. Before the launch of ARMA II Bis launched a new patch for ARMA. Which software house do you know that before launching a new sequel is bothering in still perfecting the old one?

There will be a lot of fun for all you if you don't mind to be patient. You'll have a ton of addons and missions, made by the community, to entertain you all a long. And with time you'll learn to love the game and will play it for years and years. You will then excuse all these glitches, because this guys have made history in terms of computer gaming.

So all in all, I feel privileged. Who knows if one day you'll feel the same.

I take this as the adequate answer i was asking for... I accept that the game is UNPLAYABLE for me at the moment... i've said everything i wanted BIS to hear and i wish you all good luck...

Everyone i have spoken to (who is using a german version) has the same problem (you call this premature?)... if someone uses the german version and doesnt get disconnected- please post it here...

** raises hand **

Zero, and I mean, ZERO MP connection issue, and I see a lot of player staying long on Warfare/CRCTI maps. In fact, the large majority.

Just an example of grossly exagerating for you. If this is what makes the game unplayable for you, then the game is not unplayable for many.

But what you've here is a game rather different from what you are used to play in terms of complexity.

BIS doesn't have unlimited resources, unlimited money, like other software houses have. It's a tiny little software house that produces one of the most fantastic game of all history of computer gaming. There's is nothing yet that can be comparable in terms of milsim and open environment.

The things aren't perfect I know. That was no different seven years ago with Operation Flashpoint.

Lame excuse. Acceptable for a startup, but after 8 years.....

Zero, and I mean, ZERO MP connection issue, and I see a lot of player staying long on Warfare/CRCTI maps. In fact, the large majority.

You lucky one you. So the majority decides if a game is playable or not, not technical facts. Just by voting :yay: :cool:

We all paid the same money, so I expect to get it as perfect as for you.

What you do is to jump into every troubleshooting thread mentioning that for you it works which looks meanwhile like an attempt to make their complains invalid/unbelievable.

No, I jump on threads & posts saying that the game "is unplayable" protraying it like no one can play it, because this is what is reported too often. Or that AI is cheating or unfunctionnal all the time, etc... which in turns create false impressions of the game.

I understand the frustration, but would I use the hyperbole seen in complaints, I'd end up praising BI the whole time, thing I do not because there's still a lot of work to do on the product. You don't like people blindly praising BI, I don't like the opposite (in fact I don't like both ways, report the bad sides AND the good sides is what should be done)

When you report something, there is no need to make it worse than what it actually is, it's already bad enough as is, isn't it?

Re-read the thread with a newcomer eye, the conclusion from it is that no one can play more than 20 minutes online sithout being disconnected. And I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but it is possible, largely possible

When I read it, I see clearly that it is their personal impression.

I personally suffer from the "receiving..." bug, I stopped playing onlne since it is not fair to the others to constantly join every few minutes.

It could be a HW/SW incompatibility between my rig/my OS/my used drivers vs.ArmAII, but at the same installation ArmA I was running somehow "stable" after moths of fiddling.

I will simply wait for 1.02, but if you look at

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/cis/issues

it is clear that the pure mass of bugs can not be solved within that short time.

-When will the game be playable??? (NO ITS NOT ATM):mad:

-When can i stay connected on MP-Games???

-AAARRRGH you really make me angry... if your thinking about an arma3 LET IT BE!!! (or ask codemasters for help:p)

1. Its playable! It was playable since release and i just found some minor bugs (bugs in campaign, sometimes cant connect to server) but no great bugs that make the game unplayable (like in so many other games released those days (stalker, söldner, and many more).

2. Maybe you must check your internet connection. I never heard about randomly disconnecting from multiplayer. There is jsut a connceting bug. Maybe you modified your ArmA2 to get english instead of german language? Maybe the servercheckfiles are kicking you.

3. BIS has a great support for its games! I cant find something similar at codemasters... and they havent made a game like OFP or ArmA yet! Just some racing games with a lot of hdr and some CGI vids from something between joint operations and battlefield.

Edit: I didnt noticed that there are already 3 sites of posts in this thread, i just read the first page.

Edited by NeoArmageddon

This is what whisper was worry about.

It is playable for NeoArmageddon and whisper, it is not for me and S-crow.

I can distinguish, if others not, bad luck.

2. Maybe you must check your internet connection. I never heard about randomly disconnecting from multiplayer. There is jsut a connceting bug. Maybe you modified your ArmA2 to get english instead of german language? Maybe the servercheckfiles are kicking you.

I also moved my investigations into that direction since I got reported that a rig, that was performing fine, was connected to a different DSL-provider got suddenly those issues. But again, ArmA 1 works in this matter perfect on the same rig, ArmA 2 not.

And if I open a MP as SP (warfare crCTI) which is a local hosted server, I get the same issue.

And if I open a MP as SP (warfare crCTI) which is a local hosted server, I get the same issue.

You mean opening MP tab, clicking "new", and hosting yourself?