Sign in to follow this  
Shambler-Bishop

Steam and Securom

Does the Steam version of ArmA2 have Securom? (Note: I'd like an answer from a dev if possible, not guesses) I'm thinking of getting this game, but won't get any version of it which uses Securom.

Thanks.

AFAIK Valve recently implemented a policy for ALL Steam games, even those that aren't their own, that they may not use third-party copyprotection apps on Steam, such as Securom of SafeDisc, because of the issues these programs tend to cause for their customers.

AFAIK Valve recently implemented a policy for ALL Steam games, even those that aren't their own, that they may not use third-party copyprotection apps on Steam, such as Securom of SafeDisc, because of the issues these programs tend to cause for their customers.

Also Securom uses either CD/DVD check or online activation. Since Arma2 does not use online activation and a download version doesn't come with a DVD (duh), we can safely say: nope, no Securom.

Those are guesses/assumptive though; is there anyone who knows for sure?

Many games on Steam still use SecuROM; though I agree that if ArmA2 doesn't need online activation, then it shouldn't have SecuROM on Steam, but many games still install it anyway even if it's not strictly needed (e.g. some games even install it with the game demo).

So, is there anyone who actually knows if the Steam version has or does not have SecuROM?

Arma2 uses FADE and no Securom as far i know, i hope a dev will answer ur qeustion soon.

Please search before posting, it's a rule.

Searching for Steam finds this thread, which as the title clearly says is where Steam questions should be posted.