Sign in to follow this  
Meldric

Corrupt Savegame

Hi!

Ok, first of all I have to say the following: I love ArmA 2. I have played OFP and ArmA intensively. The graphics, the sound, gameplay, a very good game!

BUT: This all just makes this pile of bugs only WORSE!!! I have played the first version that was hardly more than a beta. I have played Manhatten hundreds of times, saved, loaded, failed, tried again,...

I have installed the final patch 1.01 and started over again (No, I did NOT try to load savegames from before). I was quite happy with the changes of the patch, many things have been fixed! Nice, I was happy about it and was looking forward to finally complete Manhatten. I fullfilled all tasks and even located the camp in the end. I was just about to go in and bring it to an end... Game saves automatically... CTD... WTF??? Oh, well, I still have the savegame, right?

WRONG!!!! Now, the damn Savegame is corrupted or what ever, I cannot load it. Whenever I start to continue the campaign, Arma2 will crash to Desktop complaining about the fact that the savegame cannot be read... It was written a few minutes ago by the game _automatically_ So, even my user save is not accessable (it might be intact, but how can I load this one? I can only continue in the menu)...

I made a safety copy of my saved games and tried to rename my user save to the autosave's name... No luck --> same problem.

If only the mission where not that damn long... I could easily just do it again. But it takes so long to repeat all the other tasks in that mission for the quadrillionth time again :( And I do never know if not the next try will fail again because of some bugs or corrupted files or whatever! I am REALLY pissed.

Start over again? No, I lost patience!!! I am going to play games THAT WORK for a while now, because it is surely not healthy to be that dissappointed by a game that has that much potential every five minutes. I am really furious about the fact that I have actually payed money to buy something so buggy!!!

Now my question: What can I do to repair a corrupted savegame? Any chance?

I simply hate the idea of starting all over again with that damn mission. I am trying to finish this for way over a week now. I mean, A WEEK!!! Gods damn it!

My system specs are not interesting here, I can play without performance issues. The patch have fixed many things and I had no trouble with hardware. Running an 8800GTS, 2 Gigs of RAM, 6000 Dual Core, WinXP 32 bit SP3, defragmented, clean, Drivers present, other games do run (Arma [1], BF2, BF2142, The Witcher, Dawn of War 2,...), blah blah...

So, WTF?

Meldric

EDIT: And I am in Germany, so the game WAS intended to be bought by me!

Edited by Meldric

I'll be putting this in a couple of posts....

I too have had problems in the Manhattan mission after trying different methods/ways of accomplishing the objectives but to no avail. I was sick of the constant CTD's when saving and finally gave up after I had originally completed all objectives. The only thing that saved me from losing my hair...

The old OFP trick...Hold down left Shift and press Numpad - (minus)....then type in endmission.

This cannot be the intention, right? Also it cannot be the solution that people try to tell me that I have to live with bugs in the first release (like with Arma1). If it is not finished, do not put it into the stores. And I do not give a f**k about whos fault this was. It has no relevance to me as a customer.

I have bought this game to enjoy my free time and not to bite pieces out of my table because of stupid bugs and waste of money and time. I would really expect someone to apologize for this mess or, even better, finaly FIX IT!

I HAVE PAID FOR IT!

Again:

What can I do to repair a corrupted savegame? Any chance?

Edited by Meldric

Don't worry Meldric, they are working on fixes as we speak.

I am sure they do. There is a lot to fix. But in the meantime I would like to know if my savegame can be repaired somehow or if I just cool down and walk over to DoW2 (which did not let me down even one single time until now).

It is a shame but some friends wanted to see ArmA2 tonight at my place and I will CLEARLY advice them NOT to buy it. And I will continue to do so minimum until I was able to finish Manhatten... if not Arma2 finds itself un-installed before that day...

Edited by Meldric

Anyone? Is there a way of repairing? A "no" would be an answer too...

Nevermind. I guess I just have to live with this really annoying "pre-gold" sold version crap.

a couple of questions, is your save game from a previous version ( ie 1.01 beta or 1.00) if not did you install a language patch?

if the answer is yes to any of them, then the save game will not work unless you go back to the version that the game was saved under.

If the answer is no to both, then im guessing that you are unfortunately SOL and its best that you just press LSHIFT plus NUM- then type Endmission to skip the mission if you dont want to do it again.

However bewarned that if you do that at the very start of the mission then the next mission will be effected as if you didnt help NAPA

I had a corrupt save once too, nothing to do with v1.0-v1.1, just all of the sudden the savefile got corrupted. The only thing i may have done between the 2 is change gpu driver.

Anyway, restarted the mission and voilá.

This guy just had it at a really really bad time ;)

Nevermind. I guess I just have to live with this really annoying "pre-gold" sold version crap.

U cant do nothing with it, i have the same like u. All can do its sit behind pc reading forum and wait for a patch that what am doing :).

Same problem here, took countless hours to complete all tasks, i'll wait for a fix asweel, arma 2 is shelfed for me until then. Baaad Bohemia Baaaad

I have a similar problem where after selecting resume it says the save is corrupted and gives me 2 options, remove and ignore.

This corrupted save is usually an autosave or a suspend save, so if I could just load a previous save it might do the trick.

I know you can't repair a save, but I was wondering could I delete the corrupted save causing the game to load an earlier save when I select resume? If so which save should I remove? I don't want to delete the wrong one and ruin the entire game!

I'd suggest backing up your savegames then delete one at a time to see (start with the most recent save date wise)

I have the exact same problem. I just built a base for the Chidaki I think then did a manual save. I then went and captured the next village causing the game to auto save and crash. Now I cant resume I have tryed removing the auto save so it will load the manual save I did but it dosnt work. Im actually horrified. :mad:

Thanks Bulldog, I'll give that a go!

Don't hold out much hope though considering what kevlav said....:(

Will report back as to how it goes.

Well I tried it and it worked! I deleted the most recent save which in this case was "continue.ARMA2Save" and it loaded the previous save which luckily was only made a few minutes earlier!