Sign in to follow this  
nullsystems

JIP Issues

Hi,

Some people have mentioned on here the common "I spawned in the middle of no-where" or "slots are dissapearing" problems.

The BI wiki states:

"Join in Progress (JIP)

The Join In Progress (JIP for short) feature was first introduced in Operation Flashpoint: Elite, and expected to be a very big hit in Armed Assault. This feature allows you to join in a multi player match/game while it is running, you don't have to wait for the next mission as you do in Operation Flashpoint. Many expect this feature to be popular and benefit all modes of game play.

Based on information from OFP: Elite you can disable the JIP on the server admin level by simply disabling any AI (playable slots) on the server screen. This reverts back the OFP style, where you can join the MP game but are stuck in the lobby so to speak. "

But I have a few questions which I could do with some help on.

1. How do I update the "TASKS" and mission markers for new players, after the game has started?
  2. How do I stop people from spawning in the middle of no-where ( an AI "playable" character ), but still stop slots from closing ( such as when you disable AI in the lobby )?
  3. How do I update scores for COOP and team scores for PVP multiplayer missions for new players?

I know they seem like "newbie" questions ,but I have searched around, looked at a few new missions ( including warfare and aircav ) but most are extremely bulky and hard to follow or dont solve the problems listed above.

I think more people than just myself would benefit from a solution here.

Any help would be great, thank you!

No one knows a way around those problems, or how to update tasks/briefing info for new players?

I think Xeno said he returned to the old A1 way of doing it.

Check his Air Cav 2.0 mission.

Still doesnt stop AI wandering off :(

Appears to be fairly complicated too.

Still got JIP issues on my missions.

I can set tasks, when they are cleared the markers change color, but..if I reconnect they are still red. Why?

Also, if I die, my tasks disappear..whats that all about?

Any fixs would be great, thank you!

Are map markers synced at JIP or no? This was a really annoying flaw of ArmA1.

No. JIP players can't see the current state of markers, im trying to search for a solution to this myself also

Can't one simply force the server to broadcast task-states at regular intervals with publicVariable, and syncing clients that way?