Sign in to follow this  
gunzz

How do I create a scenario/mission...

Ive tried searching.

How do I create a mission? I go into the editor and dont know what to do. I just want large infantry battles for now, such as 50 guys defending or patrolling and boom they get attacked/ambushed etc etc just simple stuff. I dont know how to put units in there tho or anything like that

First place youself by selecting a unit ie.. rifleman, office, tank or whatever. Next, select the groups button and place both blufor and opfor troops/tanks wherever you want. Lastly, click on the waypoint button and then click the leader of each group, and tell them where to move to attack. This will give you some basic combat, but there won't be any victory conditions unless you learn about triggers and such.

Theres an editing guide around the Arma general thread so you might want to look there.

Also here is a very good PDF guide wich take you step by step and also teaches you more complex stuff. ARMA's mission editor is very powerful and you can create whatever you want. Complex campaigns to small simple missions. Also a very good thing to do combined with the editor guide here is to download some missions and extract them (or de-pbo them) with a tool called CPBO. You will get there in time. Start off by reading the guide though. If you really get into it you will find it very fun. just get over that first small barrier and then youll learn new things everyday and that will be the fuel to continue making more and more complex missions. :)

But start with this super guide: MISSION EDITING GUIDE DELUXE

Good luck!

Alex

how do i rotate defenses and stuff i put down?

how do i make patrols?

Rotate you just click the unit/vehicle/whatever and hold left mouse down + SHIFT. Then move mouse around. OR in the unit placer window you have a 360 degree "knob" where you can click and move with mouse or edit the degrees in the middle to get it perfect.

Partols: Click GROUP on the right menu - choose side/type of group - click OK. Now you got a group on the map standing still.

Now click WAYPOINTS on the right menu and double click on the squad/team leader of that group. You can set the first waypoint made ON the leader and set FORMATION and SPEED for example. Then with the first waypoint marked you start click out new WP where you want them to go. At the last waypoint where you come back to the beginning or ANY waypoint you choose CYCLE from the waypoint window (TYPE).

Now they will move to each WP and CYCLE (start over) where you added the cycle WP. Pretty simple and very precise stuff.

PS if you want certain units in a group instead of the ones handed to you from the GROUP menu you can just add unit by unit close to eachother and they will GROUP automaticlly. just make sure to make the leader higher in rank. You do that with the RANK selector top right of the unit placement window. Or add a group and then double click individually on some units and change them when the unit window come up. OR also add more units to a group by zooming in close and add new units close to the group leader.

Read the EDITING GUIDE i linked to. It's all explained. ;)

Alex

Edited by Alex72

i love you guys

72;1299011']But start with this super guide: MISSION EDITING GUIDE DELUXE

Thanks for praising

You actually said everything, so I only will add a little note. Please keep in mind that this guide was written by Mr-Murray for ArmA1. So the content is not yet updated up to ArmA2, but you can use most of it. If any question appear dont hazitate to ask, even me per pm. As you can see in my sig so I belong to the Editing Guide Team...