Sign in to follow this  
[frl]myke

News about multiple weapon proxies

Note to Mods/Admins: This would belong to "ArmA 2 Addon Editing" but this section doesn't exist yet. Please move as soon it is available. Thank you.

Some interesting findings about multiple proxies on planes. As you know, ArmA 2 finally supports multiple proxy weapons on the model. In ArmA 1 this had to be faked with hiddenselections and scripts.

Here what i've found out while converting Footmunchs/eddyD's F-16 for our clan:

- Weapon and magazine order in config matters.

I have one F-16 which has 2 AIM9X and 4 AGM65. The proxies in the p3d model are numbered as follows:

AGM65 proxies: 1 -4

AIM9X Proxies: 5 & 6

with these lines in the config, everything is ok:

weapons[] = {"GLT_MaverickLauncher", "SidewinderLaucher_AH1Z"};
magazines[] = {"4Rnd_Maverick_F16", "2Rnd_Sidewinder_AH1Z"};

Note: i've removed cannon and FFAR's since they don't matter for this.

To test it, i've changed order to the following (obviously):

weapons[] = {"SidewinderLaucher_AH1Z", "GLT_MaverickLauncher"};
magazines[] = {"2Rnd_Sidewinder_AH1Z", "4Rnd_Maverick_F16"};

With this code, i had 2 Mavericks on the place of the Sidewinders (at the Wingtips) and 2 Sidewinders on the now unused Maverickslots.

I thought this might interest you to prevent headache in the near future.:D

Edited by [FRL]Myke

In laymans terms, does this mean that if you change the weapon type on an aircraft (say the bombs on the Mi24 for mavericks) it would visually look different?

I guess you mean by scripting (removeweapon, removemagazine, addweapon & addmagazine). Honestly, i don't know, didn't tried that yet. But since the Mavericks and Sidewinders were showed correctly by shape, just wrong in placement.....well i guess this could work. Might be a trial & error session to figure out the correct order to add weapons/magazines to the vehicle.