Sign in to follow this  
l mandrake

Anyone got SLI working?

Does SLI work with Arma2? Does Physx? I have a second 8800gt but dont want to install it if it will do no good...

:confused:

We tested it with a 4870X2 but you may try the -winxp switch as explained in this thread.

Please tell us here if it worked. I don't have an nVidia card right now, can't test.

Edited by soldier9945

SLI sure makes a diffrence and seems to work very well. I switched it off and just tested ARMA 2 with 1 card. It's sure a great diffrence. I have 3 cards in SLI mode running and it sure rocks on max settings.

SLI sure makes a diffrence and seems to work very well. I switched it off and just tested ARMA 2 with 1 card. It's sure a great diffrence. I have 3 cards in SLI mode running and it sure rocks on max settings.

Could you tell me what FPS you've got in the 3rd mission called "Gegenangriff" where you invade a village with a BMP?

I've got around 20FPS in the center of that village... doesn't change if I set the settings on lowest...

Can't tell you atm. because i haven't played singleplayer up to this point yet. I play "Supermächte" in MP the most. I love the building and conquer MP Map :) But if you like to know i'll play up to this point in the game and see what i get. Is there some kind of command where you can see how much FPS you have? Mine should be high after what i see but i couldn't tell how much exactly they are.

Well no luck so far with my two 8800Gt cards, with SLI enabled I see a big fat zero performance change, even using this '-winxp' switch.

I also tried renaming the arma2.exe to farcry.exe and got a huge decrease in performance (slideshow).

Any ideas how to get SLI working?

PS I have the latest drivers (XP)

Well no luck so far with my two 8800Gt cards, with SLI enabled I see a big fat zero performance change, even using this '-winxp' switch.

I also tried renaming the arma2.exe to farcry.exe and got a huge decrease in performance (slideshow).

Any ideas how to get SLI working?

not farcry.exe ... crysis.exe is the right name :)

(No joke, it really works)

Thanks kavovon! the renaming to crysis.exe just brought my GTX295 to life and now i have a nice and resonably stady 60FPS.

Thanks from me to as well :) really been dissapointed with the performance I was getting, and well that just brought it all to life!