Sign in to follow this  
Hunin

Regular Bluescreens during missions

Hello everyone.

I'm really happy with Arma II right now, tested it the whole day and all I can say that I like every single aspect of it.

Sadly I've had regular complete PC crashes during the day aswell.

I tested it with the beta patch just now, but the same problem occurred.

First my rough specs:

Motherboard: Gigabyte MA790X-DS4

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 6400 ( 3.2 GHz )

RAM : 6 GB Corsair XMS DDR2 ( 2x 2 GB, 2x 1 GB in dual channel )

GPU : Twin ATI Raedon 3850 running in Crossfire ( Catalyst 8.6 ).

All drivers are up to date to my knowledge and all components are intact.

Bluescreen showing the following:

"A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer ( yada yada ).

[...]

A clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor within the allocated time interval.

Technical information :

***STOP : 0x000001 ( 0x00000000000000061, 0x0000000000000000, 0xFFFFFA60005EC180, 0x00000000000000001)"

It has happened about half a dozen times now unfortunately.

I'm clueless whether this is a problem with ArmA II or something that is going seriously wrong with my system ( I doubt it because the problem never happened before and it has not crashed a single time since over a year ).

Any help or hints would be greatly appreciated,

Cheers

Hunin

I had three bluescreens also, 2 during Alt+TAB and one during Multiplayer. It was displayed very shortly but the file acedrv08.sys was mentioned...

I have the same problem. All drivers up to date.

Hotk3y, which operating system do you use?

ArmA2 is a new game that pushes hardware to the outer limits. I have experienced crashing before in games like Crysis while other normal games run fine. The cause is basically a overheating videocard/cpu/mobo.

I recommend cleaning out your case and PWR supply fans and CPU fans then reapply thermal paste to the CPU/Heatsink and trying again. This is a very common problem and I had to do this to my flatmates pc while back while it exhibited symptoms of a broken OS/software but it was simply overheating.

Yeah i get exactly the same problem -

clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor within the allocated time interval

I also have the AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 6400 ( 3.2 GHz ) processor - I have an 8800 GTS card.

Is it cpu overheating do you think?

If it would be some heat problem then i suppose you would have atleast exeeded 80C on a permanent level. If it's dust then the fans should have been noisy as hell trying to run on max. It doesn't have to be a heat problem on the cpu just because there has been an error on some secondary processor unit. Also if heat would be the problem the system would be running on max.

Try running on Arma 2 on low settings...if it crashes again it sure is some other problem but with those specs it shouldn't overheat unless you push the settings to an unplayable level for your system what i doubt you would do.

I've just had my first blue screen, which occured when I completed the second single player scenario. It came up with the usual window with the objectives ticked and the score, then the input to the monitor went, and when it came back, I was presented with a blue screen saying, as Hunin so eloquently put it:

"A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer ( yada yada )."

I don't believe it has anything to do with overheating, especially as I was far from stressing anything in my computer with that mission.

The first two googling:

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/201695-blue-screen-while-gaming-have-look-please.html

http://help.lockergnome.com/vista/BSOD-0x101-Help--ftopict71353.html

Maybe you could use a test program to stress your CPU and see if there is anything with it.

Regarding BSOD's I've seen some people complaining here. But the reason for those crashes it might not be always the same. Some might be drivers conflict, others defective memories, heat, bad overclock, etc. ARMA II might help because is stressing the system. Difficult to troubleshoot.