Sign in to follow this  
Trauma.au

Arma II released... So who failed?

Given that Arma II is now officially released where does the blame land for the absolute lack of information, promotion and pre-order options in the US, the most important market and Aus (and I assume NZ)?

As of about 10 mins ago EBgames.com, EBgames.com.au, Game.com.au all give no result/only Arma1 on a search for 'arma'.

About the only info I have seen from Aussie sites (mainly AusGamers.com & IGN.com.au) on the game leading up to the release has been copy/paste type stuff (screens same old previews) and download mirrors.

So as I type this the game is out in Germany and being zipped off to other places from there, so who failed so badly? Bohemia or the publishers? or was it all deliberate, I have read numerous accounts of people buying 2-3 copies of Arma1 and I'm not an avid reader of many forums.

Assuming this is not deliberate, I feel the blame lands squarely on Bohemia, regardless of weather their publishers have failed, they should have kept an eye on their performance them selves and stepped in some time ago to fix the obvious issues, just read these very forums to see that the threads related to this issue stay at the top with thousands of hits.

Opinions?

Blame all the publishers who haven't given BIS an early and lucrative deal.

There's existing release date threads for both Australia and North America, don't need another one.