Sign in to follow this  
aussieterry84

What does Optimal Settings mean?

on this pic it says optimal settings http://www.armaholic.com/pfs.php?m=view&v=4-arma2_505_press_event_london_2_small.jpg

I pretty much match them except im intel dual core 3.1ghz, so does Optimal settings mean that the settings are ALL on high? or does it mean the settings are on normal?

What kind of FPS would we get with this optimal system in heavy graphical areas?

Just another way of saying "Recommended specifications".

As in, what you want to have for the game to run well. Not necessarily on high settings, it's based on their judgement.

We'll get plenty of performance info once it's out and people report how well it runs on their rigs. That's something I'm very interested in.

You can feel a bit relaxed though that so far reports have been that ARMA2 runs better than ArmA1. Like if you have a computer where you run ArmA1 on high/normal and its a bit laggy you might have the luck that it will run much smoother in ARMA2 with that same pc.

But a standard machine today i guess is around dual core around 3ghz or quad 2.xghz and a 8800GT/9800GTX, 2-4gb RAM. If your under this i bet you still can play ARMA2 good but not necessarily on high/very high. I think you should try and get a 512mb videocard though as minimum. Anyone with fear of having to spend a lot of cash - look at second hand sites etc. They often sell modern hardware to really low prices due to fast need of money. Often there is warranty left as well.

Based on what ive heard and read. I dont actually know since i havent tried it.

Glad that BIS have actually optimized their game this time around... (if it is in fact, true).

mmmh i just build a new gaming pc with dual core 3.1GHZ and 4Gigs Ram +Ati HD 4870 Overclocked edition 512MB VRAM

that all with a new cooling system and new harddrive.

Atm it costed me somewhere around 700 Euros+

Now am i not planning to buy Arma2 for PC but for the xbox but im still confused that i just buyd a new pc for that price and i just match the goddam recommened settings :(

But the game aint out yet so we will see........