Sign in to follow this  
Drift

Ai response

I just started playing this game and can't quite figure out what method to employ when playing single missions "Lone Wolf and Shadow Killer".

I can't determine if I'm suppose to avoid killing the AI on these type of missions. I appear to have a silienced weapon, but when I kill someone who looks to be isolated, I hear an alarm. I get the impression that these type of missions should be completed without killing the enemy. Is that true?

I was thinking of sitting a top a hill with a sniper rifle and picking off all opposition as a possible approach, but there doesn't appear to be a finite number of enemy AI. They just keep coming.

Any experienced players care to clue me in on the best tactics to use in these type scenarios?

Sneak in from bush to bush, plant your sachels, sneak out & blow whatever it is up. Only fire at an AI if he discovers you/you see he's about to discover you. (In other words, only shoot at e'm if you have to, better if they don't know you were there till something explodes). If you DO get discovered, kill anyone around you quickly & hide in a bush.

The hide body action is totally useless (Hides away the weapon too).

Genaral Guba can sense his troops and will know who dies in his base and sounds the alarm.

Stealth means you take a sniper rifle and wipe the whole place out. I find it much easier killing every single person then infiltrate the place.

As Metallica used to say "Kill em all" wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Mar. 07 2002,13:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">As Metallica used to say "Kill em all" wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

tounge.gif Great tactic!!! wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ Mar. 07 2002,14:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Mar. 07 2002,13:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">As Metallica used to say "Kill em all" wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

tounge.gif Great tactic!!!    wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Lol I thought one of the big draws of OFP is that it isn't your average "Rabonized" shooter?? Maybe I was wrong, heh. Me I'd go with the approach that has a little more "finesse"

Thanks for your inputs. I'm a bit dissappointed in the game structure that doesn't allow you to discreetly eliminate an isolated bogey without putting the whole base on alert.