Sign in to follow this  
Clover

OFP hosting trouble =(

Hi everyone..Ive always loved OFP- Ive played it since i was little but i never played online before yesterday.

It was all fun, me and my friend played a few co-op missions..by far my fav.. So i thought i would make my own..i spent 5 hours (literary) making a map, scripting it, setting way points, objectives..everything...i wanted it to be really fun...

But when i hosted a MP game...he couldn't find it...we waited and waited, but he said it never came up... Well he tried to host one, and i couldn't find it! We cant even find out where to make the game's name.. =/

Could someone please help us? Is this problem normal? i know on Gamespy in RTW it always messed with you..

Try to connect via remote IP.

Oh right, thanks ill try that..im not a pro with computers though ><; How do i do that? =P

Simply press the "New" button in the multiplayer menu. After that, your friends can find you by giving them your IP. See here after creating the server: http://www.whatismyip.com/. The IP must be put in the address field after clicking "Remote" in the multiplayer menu. Note that the host doesn't need to do this - all he needs to do is just push the "New" button in the multiplayer menu.

Hello All,

I'm also experiancing such a problem, i have tried using the remote function but with no success. I have tried everything i can think of but including completly turning off my firewall and my frind i'm trying to play with has tried it all as well. Any help would be greatfully recevied.

Regards,

LEGION7698

You can download a program called Hamachi.

Create a network there and tell your mates to join it.

Then in OFP select "Mulitplayer" and switch to "LAN" and press "NEW" and choose your mission.

In hamachi your friends need to right click your name and select "Copy Adress", then they should start OFP and go to "Multiplayer" choose "LAN" and select "remote" and then paste the adress they copied from Hamachi by pressing CTRL + V in to the IP box.

Then they should click OK or COnnect and you should be able to play :)