Sign in to follow this  
chrismvts

Questions on spec, multiplayer + weapon acuracy

cheers for awnsering the questions and posting the link. Was the video a coop against AI or other players? Im not sure what they were all fireing at but the game does look very team/ sqad based which is great. Think its just finding a nice group of people to play with which might be hard, but saying that the game seems more suited for the more mature player.

I just downloaded ArmA 1 but It wont work. Im guessing its because I have windows vista 64.

Edited by chrismvts

The demo is of a two-year-old version of Arma, and Vista support hadn't been completely ironed out by then. The full version is working much better with Vista now.

chrismvts, i have ARMA but it also doesnt work on my vista 64bit machine, maybe its because i have 8GB ram but im just waiting for ARMA2 to be released, and as you said, mature players, project reality at .5 had its mix of players but since it has now become more realistic the mature players are the majority, which is what ARMA2 will be like, realism and tactics, not some teenagers shooting everything wolfenstein style...

chrismvts, i have ARMA but it also doesnt work on my vista 64bit machine, maybe its because i have 8GB ram but im just waiting for ARMA2 to be released, and as you said, mature players, project reality at .5 had its mix of players but since it has now become more realistic the mature players are the majority, which is what ARMA2 will be like, realism and tactics, not some teenagers shooting everything wolfenstein style...

Try 1.16 beta?

the cool thing about ArmA is the bullets actually come out of the actual muzzle of the weapon model, so the weapons them selves have have high degrees of accuracy (pin point accuracy at close range, with little deviation at long), but the muzzle bounces around a lot, in addition to the sites becoming miss aligned, causing realistic missing. as opposed to the simple cone of fire seen in most other games

Cone of fire is quite good.

Example. I have target in long distance. I have LMG. I have orders to engage that target with long burst. I fire at target with one long burst (20 bullets, absurd figure i know).

What will happen?

No my bullets won't rise in nice patter up and bit right. But dependant of case (mostly my "grip" on LMG) my bullets will create widening "round" beaten zone which is more like cone which other games features.

If i fire without weapon support (=standing position, not-symetrical) my bullets would rise up lots, like ArmA has it. But with support or symmetrical standing position me controlling recoil and it's more like "round" beaten zone around target that steadily rising patter of impacts to upward direction.

The "nice pattern" effect is not really a problem anymore even in ArmA, the recoils and kickback are quite random already.

I prefer ArmA way over CoF that make your shoot "random" (you don't know where you shoot exactly, or that you are missing and why, apart from "I shot for too long")

The "nice pattern" effect is not really a problem anymore even in ArmA, the recoils and kickback are quite random already.

Are they? To me it seems that there isn't any randomness in action when recoil tosses weapon in ArmA.

When a try a MG full auto, the sight definitely gets randomly right, left, etc... with a general upward kickback

The only thing that worries me is there has been no videos showing any combat between soldiers. The only footsge I saw had a slow motion effect on it then the enemy died but the other four enemy didnt react to it, just stood there.

The only thing that worries me is there has been no videos showing any combat between soldiers. The only footsge I saw had a slow motion effect on it then the enemy died but the other four enemy didnt react to it, just stood there.

That was most likely all scripted / acted for the trailer. AFAIK there has not been a single video showing proper combat. Most in-game videos show previewers being dumb and AI being... even dumber. Just standing around and getting shot. Not to be expected in the final release. ;)