Sign in to follow this  
^Th0mas^

Why is this game so hard to buy?

I have a few questions.

I played Operation Flashpoint a lot and the game was great. ArmA was pretty much not a good game, but it also was very hard to get. The stores didnt sell it and it was very hard to find places where I could order it here in Norway.

Why are all the previews in German? Why is the game being released in other contries before it hits world wide?

Welcome to the forums Thomas. In the future, you might want to search/scan existing threads before starting a new one to ask questions.

I have a few questions.

Everyone does. :)

Why are all the previews in German?

Most of the previews are done by euro gaming organizations. Deadfast was kind enough to translate many of these to english and are available here.

Why is the game being released in other contries before it hits world wide?

Because BIS hasn't found a publisher that can do this. If it's too hard finding the game on disk in a store, consider downloading a digital copy (you can burn it to a disk after downloading).

Because BIS hasn't found a publisher that can do this. If it's too hard finding the game on disk in a store, consider downloading a digital copy (you can burn it to a disk after downloading).

Don't know about America, but they have a publisher for just about everywhere in Europe.

I think the German released is coming out first (at least the last time I checked) which is possibly why the German press has been given more access. There are also a load of Czech reviews around for the record.

I think the main reason that arma is\was hard to get in norway, is because the market for arma in norway isn't that big...

That being said, digital download works just greate, got both arma ( german release, didn't want to wait for the english release, bet i'll do the same for arma2 as well ) and queens gambit, and never had any problems with it. Had a major system crash earlier this year, and a re-dl wasn't a problem ( i remebered to print and save the confirmation mails ).

And, another reason for getting a digital download : you'll have it in a very short time ( minutes\hours, depends on your conection, instead of days ) afther you've ordered it:)

As nate said, velkommen hit

Why was OfP so popular then? Its the same developer and I could buy it in almost every store. ArmA I have never seen in a store. And it now looks like ArmA II will be following the same path as ArmA.

You can order the game also via Amazon.de and they send it to your country. I think the german version will be switchable to english language as well.

I am german and I always play the english version regardless the fact that I bought the german version.

ArmA (and probably Arma2 too) are no "mainstream Games" for all the kids out there, so you will have to search for distributors and retail stores which sell them.

If you are unable to get one, send me the money and I will get you one here in Germany. :D

I'm gonna get this game for PS3! If it ever comes out..... (Hopefully this autumn)

Heia Norge!

BTW: I'm getting OfP 2 to!

If you need a english copy for NA and dont want to wait Preorder Arma 2 from amazon.uk thats what I did

Why was OfP so popular then? Its the same developer and I could buy it in almost every store. ArmA I have never seen in a store. And it now looks like ArmA II will be following the same path as ArmA.

OFP was published back in 2001 i believe, by codemasters, a very big name in this business. ArmA and ArmA2 however will be published by a lesser known name, 505 games. This is probably one of the reasons you wont see the game on many store shelves. The internet is your best bet with ArmA 2.