Sign in to follow this  
lockjaw-65-

Template for Enemy towns

I have asked something similar to this before and got a few good ideas but they all create too much lag.

I am trying to create enemy occupied towns that only spawn when you are within a certain distance. The only way I can discribe what I am after is the same as the resistence on the Warfare maps.

Does anybody know of any maps or templates to do this or does anybody know how to remove everything form warfare except the resistance then I can use that as a template.

:confused:

hi Lockjaw-65-, did you try the urban patrol script? its a script that spawns a x number off troops in a area marker witch you can change for you own use,

there are 1 zone in the script where the units spawn when its gets triggerd,

i use the script to populate a place where i can send my men in to destroy the enemy!, so i hope it will help you further, cya later

hi Lockjaw-65-, did you try the urban patrol script? its a script that spawns a x number off troops in a area marker witch you can change for you own use,

there are 1 zone in the script where the units spawn when its gets triggerd,

i use the script to populate a place where i can send my men in to destroy the enemy!, so i hope it will help you further, cya later

No I have not tried that but sounds good, do you know if it can be copied to cover many different areas or is it just one location cheers.

Just been reading about this script sounds really good thanks Sgt Spoetnik for pointing the direction :bounce3:

Edited by LockJaw-65-

Just tested and it works well, its a shame you cannot use it for tanks etc..

hey lockJaw,glad that I could help,been using it a long time and love it,Also did you used the templates cause I use 1 that have a second area where vehicles spawn by trigger but didn use them so mutch so dont know mutch about it, good luck with it and glad I could help,

cya later,

I use 1 that have a second area where vehicles spawn by trigger ,

I have been trying to locate this but cannot find it, I am using the templates but cannot see one that spawns vehicles. Have you any idea which one it is Thanks....

hi LockJaw, You need the latest version off urban patrol zone(mine is V2)and in there you will find some missions that you can use and change to fit in to your own mission,think there was 1 with vehicles,so good luck and cya later!

hi LockJaw, You need the latest version off urban patrol zone(mine is V2)and in there you will find some missions that you can use and change to fit in to your own mission,think there was 1 with vehicles,so good luck and cya later!

Nice one thanks, Have you any idea where to download it from:)

Just doing a search now on forums

Edited by LockJaw-65-

Thanks, its a really cool addition and works really well but I still cannot find anything about calling in tanks etc from a script via a trigger?

It only seems to allow troops. In the demos it has some bmps etc but they are placed allready on map. what im wanting is them to be called when needed by a trigger.

Can anybody suggest anything thanks...

The best thing to use is DAC (Dynamic AI Creator)

- Choose the size of the zones (spawn areas)

- Choose the amount of enemys (Inf, Veh, Armoured, Heli/ Respawn Camp)

- Activate and Deactive the zones when ever you want..

- Plus Million More Things you can do with it..

Just use the search to find it or go to the armaholic

Thanks Matt, Just playing around with it now "really good tool". I suppose when you get used to it it will be easier. When you say activate and deactivate the zones I presume you mean with triggers?

Edited by LockJaw-65-