Sign in to follow this  
volkov956

Custom Maps?

All the tutorials so far are giving me a headache

I want to create a custom map using Visitor but I can't place objects or any textures its all blank I been hand making an Island I dont want to use Heightmaps and etc.

I am just dont get it even the official tutorials have enough reference errors that it doesnt make sense half the time

After 1 year messing with this bloody tool I still dont have any textures or objects just a blank custom map with custom Height values

what part are you having trouble with exactly? Making the textures, importing the textures?

How far are you in the object process?

Well I just want to use the default objects and textures used in default Arma Maps that came with the game thats where I am stuck

My objects and texture windows have no files at all more aless

But after looking at this program and the tutorials some more it does not look like this will allow me to manually paint textures its just a Import system for heights no manual painting of tetxtures...

That is correct there isn't a way to paint your own textures. Your best bet is to use photoshop and there are a few tricks to that.

This is a thread with a tutorial that has helped me out a lot. I have got it figured out from this (plus some old knowledge of visitor 2).

Allie's Tutorial

That should be able to help you understand how to input a terrain (or you can just use yours) and then also add objects and also create and import a satellite image and mask.

Well thats too bad I guess I wont be able to do precise Texturing so I guess I will wait and see if Arma 2 Visitor 4 will have this and support all in one map making I rather do a map custom then the way they currently allow you to make a map. Now I see why it takes so much time to make maps for this game.

Well thats too bad I guess I wont be able to do precise Texturing so I guess I will wait and see if Arma 2 Visitor 4 will have this and support all in one map making I rather do a map custom then the way they currently allow you to make a map. Now I see why it takes so much time to make maps for this game.

You can still technically do it by hand. There is an option to output an image of your terrain w/ or w/o buildings, trees, roads etc. and you can use that and just paint over it.